GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Refund after not using the extended warranty

ReznorsApostle

Ready to race!
Has anyone had experience with this? I purchased the extended warranty because I saw that once you get to 70k miles you can get that purchase cost back. I'm at 68k and have plans for that money
Has anyone had this work out for them, any issues?

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
You might have found the first non-profit company offering extended warranties for vehicles

Stinger

Ready to race!
I seriously doubt that you can get your unused warranty refunded to you... That's the premise of the insurance business!

Jaber

Modero
I seriously doubt that you can get your unused warranty refunded to you... That's the premise of the insurance business!

This. Believe you can get a refund anytime before hand, but it's adjusted for the period that you had coverage.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
ive experienced this first hand, if you still have the vehicle, the difference will go to the loan amount. only way you can "cash out" is if you sell the vehicle or trade it in. you can also do it with GAP insurance. some people do not get their money cause they do not know of this

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
when I traded in my wifes MK5 for a MK7 I purchased extended warranty so I was able to get the GAP and extended warranty money back, but it was like pulling teeth. all worth the 1,500 though :)

ReznorsApostle

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the input, and glad to hear some firsthand experience. The money going towards the loan still lets me strategize what I want to do. Although if I had the cash I planned on wheels, tires, carbon cleaning and DSG service. Maybe just trade in now. Unfortunately I hate the dealer and it's the only one in the area. So maybe changing brands too. Sucks because I love my Gti
And if that's the case that it goes toward the balance, I'm trading in for a charger awd I guess.

Last edited:

sakitnyatudisini

Passed Driver's Ed
Good luck Reznors

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
You will get a portion of the extended warranty if you sell/trade the car. Don't expect a handout just because you're getting close to the mileage limit and you still own the car.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
If your warranty was good for 70k miles you will get next to nothing back. The amount they will give you back is determined by the life left on the warranty vs what you paid for it.

If warranty companies gave money back to people who didn't use them everyone would want to buy them and no one would want to sell them lol.

ReznorsApostle

Ready to race!
Charger AWD? What's wrong with u?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone

Fact is that I'm sick of the VW dealer and they're the only game in town. Need something to shoot through my 70 mile a day commute in the snow
Might consider a mk7 Gti if they want to keep me as a customer. We have bought multiple cars from them and I've referred more, this would be my 3rd GTI in a row
And as far as the refund goes, I'm not canceling the warranty and getting prorated. I'll look at the paper work again and quote it

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
I'd go drive a charger AWD before buying one. That AWD system sucks, its like BMW's, an obvious afterthought.

ReznorsApostle

Ready to race!
I'd go drive a charger AWD before buying one. That AWD system sucks, its like BMW's, an obvious afterthought.

I'm open to suggestions :)
Subaru I thought was garbage, and same deal as Vw, 1 dealer in town and 45 mins outta my way