GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replacing battery...need to do anything?

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Ok so another dumb question...came home and my battery was dead combo of not driving it for months ((thank you COVID) and age...battery was 5 years old...so I decided to just go ahead and pick up a new one today. Now...the car battery has been dead for a while I imagine, and when I picked up the new battery the guy said the car may need to reset. I know when I had other work done to the car, they disconnected the battery and at first start up, lights were everywhere for the first 1/4 mile, then all was good....dash lights gone. Now for the dumb question...since its been without power for a bit, is there anything else I need to do? Also, I jave the Stage 2 Cobb tune, but the flash should stay with the ECU, correct...in other words I should not need to reflash it, correct?
Sorry...I'm used to working on classic cars (my other car is a 68 Mustang) that are a lot simpler...these newer one just make me nervous...and a noob.

Thanks!

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Nothing needs to be done except you'll have to re calibrate auto window pinch protection. Just roll down windows all the way and roll them back up without letting go. Sometimes ill get random electrical faults when taking off power I just clear all the codes.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah I left my battery out of the car for a week when I did the clutch. No issues and your tune should still be stored on the ECU no need to re flash (at least I did not need to re flash mine).