GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

REVIEW: Redlinegoods Nappa Leather Shift Boot PICTURE HEAVY

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
Here is my review of redlineworks custom shift boot.
http://redlinegoods.com/shiftboot.php
I found this website online while searching for a replacement of my OEM GTI boot to complement my RS4 shift knob that I purchased.
After checking the website out for a bit & checking out installation pictures of their boots on other cars & the pictures of the GTI boot they have posted, I decided that this was the place I would purchase from.

Navigating their website was very easy, you select your vehicle make, model & year. Once that is complete you then select what leather products you want for your car.

For the MK5/MK6 you have the options of a shift boot, Ebrake boot, & arm rest cover. I ended up choosing just the shift boot at this time because I didnt want to tear apart my interior to get the ebrake boot off & the leather arm rest wouldnt go with the rest of my cloth interior.

I selected the following options for my shift boot:
Primary Color: Black Perforated Nappa Leather
Stitching: Dark Red
Note: Dark red does not match the rest of the Stitching in the car 100%, however it isnt noticeable unless your looking at both next to one another. I would either try Red(JDM) option or contact them and have them match the stitching exactly (which they are more than happy to do, it just might take longer to make)
Boot Layout: Regular
Shift Boot Resize: 1" shorter
Note: I had the boot made 1" shorter due to the RS4 Shift knob, it sits lower than the OEM GTI shift knob.

Price as ordered: $81.70 without the additional discounts they offer at the time.

Now onto the review:
I recieved the boot about 8 days after ordering. It ships priority mail from poland. Their shipping option does not have a tracking number, however not to worry. They are a standup company & it will get to you. They will also work with you if you dont recieve your boot to help locate it.

The quality of this boot is amazing. Upon opening the package, the smell of genuine leather filled the air. The boot feels so soft in my hand and the stitching is OEM+ quality. They matched the shape & stitching of the OEM boot perfectly. The boot is roughly one inch shorter than the OEM boot which is as expected.

Mounting the new boot to the GTI trim ring wasnt difficult at all. You have to remove the staples from the trim ring by carefully prying the staples away from the ring with a precision screwdriver or trim removal tool. Once the staples are removed you can start the installation. There is a small indentation at the front & rear of the trim ring which allows you to line up the stitching at the front & rear of the boot. I suggest starting at either the front or rear of the ring and stapling the boot on

& working your way either clockwise or counter clockwise. I used paper clips to hold the boot in place while you are stapling. Once you are done stapling & making sure the boot is nice & even its time to install it back onto the car. The trim ring is going to be a little more difficult putting back onto the external trim ring due to the thickness of the leather but it will clip into place. Install the shift knob of your choosing and install onto the car.

Here is the boot installed onto my car.

Overall I am very happy with the quality & price of the shift boot. Redline did a phenominal job of making this boot, they clearly take great pride in their work and offer a great product. I highly reccommend this product to anyone looking to upgrade their shift boot, ebrake boot, or arm rest.

Quality: 10/10
Price: 9/10
Shipping: 9/10
Install: 9/10
Happiness: 10/10
Overall: 47/50

GermanBeer

Am currently contemplating getting a boot from redlinegoods, so this thread is a big help. Thank you for the detailed review. BTW, they are currently offering 20% of any order if you sign up for the email newsletters.