GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo Stage 3 (KO4) Software/ Turbo Kit releasing at Waterfest?

DarkCloak

Banned
Crew219 stop being a Dumbass, these items now have a revo sticker making them so much better:bellyroll::p

This Crew219 dude does this with every manufacturer. He has done this for Forge trying to claim there stuff is made in China with no evidence. He slams Southbend, Spec Clutches, and anyone he can try to flame. The guy is clearly a tool.

Crew19 If you have an Audi A3 why do you not go to an Audi forum instead of just spreading hate and discontent in the Volkswagen forum? Is your car even modified. Your avatar looks pretty stock?

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Gary, please highlight the changes you've made to BSH engine mounts, end links and their turbo manifold. Lol.

Dave

I'm not a big Revo fan myself and I doubt any changes were made to the hardware but you're not going to get anywhere with antagonistic statements.

I've done the same a couple times to vendors and well known posters and it doesn't work. If the products are the same, the enthusiast will know and it'll tarnish their reputation.

Let the products and the actions of a company speak for itself, because it always does... Just a matter of time.

crew219

Banned
This Crew219 dude does this with every manufacturer. He has done this for Forge trying to claim there stuff is made in China with no evidence. He slams Southbend, Spec Clutches, and anyone he can try to flame. The guy is clearly a tool.

Crew19 If you have an Audi A3 why do you not go to an Audi forum instead of just spreading hate and discontent in the Volkswagen forum? Is your car even modified. Your avatar looks pretty stock?

Wow, I really slammed south bend . . . because I ran their clutch 2x with failures and provided an in-depth examination of the failures.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33625

Before I figured out what the problem was, none of the other vendors and south bend knew what was going on with the silent kits. Instead SB would blame it on everything else other than their kit and people running the kits were spending money rebreeding their clutch, changing hydraulic components & etc. Guess I should have kept my mouth shut?

Spec has a horrible history. Go ahead and run their clutch if you wish. When you run into issues, don't expect Jeremy Auvil to help you.

Forge? Well that company is a joke. With flawed products like their diverter valve, twintercooler, twintake, and etc . . . I frankly don't know how anyone can stand behind them and their false advertising.

You're welcome to have your own opinion of products as well as my postings, but they frankly don't mean anything unless they're backed up with facts. :laugh:

Dave

crew219

Banned
I'm not a big Revo fan myself and I doubt any changes were made to the hardware but you're not going to get anywhere with antagonistic statements.

I've done the same a couple times to vendors and well known posters and it doesn't work. If the products are the same, the enthusiast will know and it'll tarnish their reputation.

Let the products and the actions of a company speak for itself, because it always does... Just a matter of time.

That's true, but the community should know of the deceptive practices of the companies that they deal with. I get that not everyone cares if one company gets screwed over, but ultimately that attitude ultimately reflects on how that company will handle warranty claims or any other issues that might arise to the end consumer.

Specifically with REVO and their hardware line, it was all purchased through Kenney Enterprises. Kenney was producing the BSH designed hardware. At some point, he decided that he wasn't making enough money from BSH and essentially took the line he was manufacturing and started offering it to other companies to sell as their own. REVO bit and now has their own line of products that they did not design or spend any money for development.

There's a rather lengthy discussion on another private venue where REVO & Phil@BSH duke it out. I don't particularly care for BSH, but what was done to him was wrong.

Go figure REVO was purchased by Stasis, who has essentially done the same exact thing to Eurojet. As I mentioned earlier, the only way that this affects the end consumer is that the deceptive practices of a company can easily spill over into how they handle complaints from end-users.

Sidenote: REVOtechnik-GM is Gary Cogis Jr. He formerly goes by BremboGuy (although he does still use that name on other forums). While he appears cool and composed now, he has quite the negative reputation on other forums. Take a look for yourself.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-Kit-Install?p=7426320&viewfull=1#post7426320

Dave

DarkCloak

Banned
That's true, but the community should know of the deceptive practices of the companies that they deal with. I get that not everyone cares if one company gets screwed over, but ultimately that attitude ultimately reflects on how that company will handle warranty claims or any other issues that might arise to the end consumer.

Specifically with REVO and their hardware line, it was all purchased through Kenney Enterprises. Kenney was producing the BSH designed hardware. At some point, he decided that he wasn't making enough money from BSH and essentially took the line he was manufacturing and started offering it to other companies to sell as their own. REVO bit and now has their own line of products that they did not design or spend any money for development.

There's a rather lengthy discussion on another private venue where REVO & Phil@BSH duke it out. I don't particularly care for BSH, but what was done to him was wrong.

Go figure REVO was purchased by Stasis, who has essentially done the same exact thing to Eurojet. As I mentioned earlier, the only way that this affects the end consumer is that the deceptive practices of a company can easily spill over into how they handle complaints from end-users.

Sidenote: REVOtechnik-GM is Gary Cogis Jr. He formerly goes by BremboGuy (although he does still use that name on other forums). While he appears cool and composed now, he has quite the negative reputation on other forums. Take a look for yourself.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-Kit-Install?p=7426320&viewfull=1#post7426320

Dave

That's a thread started by you!!! What are you the Ralph Nader of the VW/Audi aftermarket? Why don't you file a lawsuit if you have been so screwed instead of bitching on a forum as though I am going to help you. I know ReVO is second tier to say APR but they stil make good products.

crew219

Banned
That's a thread started by you!!! What are you the Ralph Nader of the VW/Audi aftermarket? Why don't you file a lawsuit if you have been so screwed instead of bitching on a forum as though I am going to help you. I know ReVO is second tier to say APR but they stil make good products.

... I didn't start the thread on the M3 forum.

kniteshift

Ready to race!
Honestly, I applaud crew for his efforts. Whether you want to believe him or not, he still gives his outlook or information of the company. He's trying to help the community make better purchasing decisions.

I am not saying all his accusations are true, because I have no way to confirm any of this. But he does make it hard for companies to disprove the arguments he makes. Don't get mad guys. If you don't want to see what he has to type, ignore it. I, on the other hand, certainly appreciate the insight in the industry.

crew219

Banned
Is your car even modified. Your avatar looks pretty stock?

Forgot to address this.

Yes that picture is from 2005. The car was mostly stock at the time. No the car isn't like that now.

If you're genuinely curious, this is an old mod list of mine. Haven't updated it for awhile.

From what I can remember, since then I've also:
-removed fluidampr
-removed SB stage II daily and replaced it with a SB stage II silent daily
-removed the SB stage II silent daily and replaced with OEM
-added Unibrace UB
-added 42dd stealth catch can kit
-added K&N RX-2820
-removed 034 mounts
-added and removed TSW Nurburgrings 18x8
-added Neuspeed RSE07 in charcoal 18x8
-added a few pre-release modifications

etc etc.

I've been in the community for awhile and have plenty of facts and experience to base my opinions from. I've been around and know the histories of most of the companies more than what their new salespeople know. Gary only started at REVO last year. I've been dealing with REVO since 2005.

I post here because I was genuinely interested in purchasing a MK6 GTI when they came out as well as considering a Golf-R. Wasn't a fan of the A3 facelift.

Dave

DarkCloak

Banned
You can also send your complaints to the Consumer Protection Agency. They are very prompt especially when dealing with safety related issues such as a cracked brake disc. This would be more productive than the forum. I like seeing more companies offering hardware in addition to software.

DubbinDurim

Ready to race!
Honestly, I applaud crew for his efforts. Whether you want to believe him or not, he still gives his outlook or information of the company. He's trying to help the community make better purchasing decisions.

I am not saying all his accusations are true, because I have no way to confirm any of this. But he does make it hard for companies to disprove the arguments he makes. Don't get mad guys. If you don't want to see what he has to type, ignore it. I, on the other hand, certainly appreciate the insight in the industry.

I second this.

And I definitely agree that Forge is a complete joke and so are all their products.

Anyways, it is looking like I will just stick with giac and run a meth kit to use the race file (100oct).

/thread.

GaryD87

Ready to race!
This thread reminds me of apple trying to sue everybody.

Don't know, nor do I care about what is 'wrong or right'. Business is shady...lots of multi million dollar companies are who they are now cause they did something shady. Going on a forum and ranting at ever possible chance you get is childish at best. Crew, you went through a lot of bad luck. That sucks. I know a lot of friends who went through a lot of shit with APR products as well. to the point where they're pretty cool with forge.

Everyone will always take a side. Just let things be, and enjoy your products.

As for me? My car is all forged out. I've read all good and bad reviews. Reliable as can be. Can't complain yet.

Gotta say I'm sticking with my revo file though. Stage 2 tsi with mostly forge stuff has netted me on 3 different dynos with over 270whp and 315tq.

::knocksonwood::

Back on topic.

Durim my good man! I don't see why your K04 kit wouldn't work with revo's file. IF it is indeed to aggresive you can use an SPS switch to change some of the settings. They're all Borg Warner K04's.