GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RGV, Texas MK6 owners.

mjhubbard

Ready to race!
As I said in the post, I move between Houston and Killeen. My wife in Houston, I in killeen cause I am stationed there. I do weekends in Houston, and weeks i killeen. I used to hate the 6 hour drive every weekend, but now I look at it as 6 hours of long windy roads in the middle of nowhere Texas in a car that wont flip in a strong breeze and has some serious get up in go. Cant wait to eat up those miles.

Julio@DST

Passed Driver's Ed
Julio

Hey buddy muncho gusto. Yes my wife and I live and work up here in the DFW metroplex area going on 13 years here since we moved. The $$$ is really really nice but we never forget where we came from. That's why my name is RGV. Originally from San Bene but I keep up with news and stuff via internet.

I go down to valley quite often one reason I gave up my Bimmer and opted for our 3rd TDi now. I have my regular job but FYI also detail cars on the side as it's a passion of mine. Anyone needing any proper detailing let me know pls and I'll work it in when I'm down there in July.

Adios

Tomato
:mad:
tomato, good to see that life is going good for you. I've seen some postings up there which are very very tempting. But I've got all my family down here and have DST going that I'd hate to drop everything for $$. Con dinero baila el chango jaja. But it's still good down here so far..:D

Julio@DST

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all,

I am new the VW sceen. It is my second car, comming from a jeep. Been a VW owner for a week now.

I have a Carbon Steel Gray 2011 GTI DSG Autobahn and you can find me in the Houston and Killeen area and on the drive in between.

You wont see me much right now as I am deployed but ill be back in 6 months.

On a side note.. I am looking for some one with the VAG Com interface in my area who is willing to meet up to make some changes. The dealer wants to charge 125 to do it.
mjhubbard, welcome to this thread. I was just in Killeen this past weekend and wish I could have helped with the vagcom. Anytime you need help, I'm in McAllen area. Oh, and you did a good buy with that GTI. You will be having lots of fun with it when you return..:thumbsup:

I'll get with Armando who lives in the Houston area (volkspeed houston chapter) and see if he knows of anyone with vagcom in that aread.

mjhubbard

Ready to race!
Thanks Julio,

I may have solved it for now. One of the APR dealers in Houston said I could use theirs when I get chipped there, so I may be able to do it that way. We will see. Cant wait to get back and get behind the wheel.

marcelo929

Passed Driver's Ed
So there's 3 other GTI's living in my neighborhood I know one of the owners but, there's a red GTI with LED headlights and a banner on the front of the car I think it says chuy or something I just saw him pass by. You know about that car Julio?

itgrowsind

Hi, recently purchased my first VW not a golf but a Jetta TDI 2010. Im from Mcallen area, my other car is a 2000 H civic.

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
So there's 3 other GTI's living in my neighborhood I know one of the owners but, there's a red GTI with LED headlights and a banner on the front of the car I think it says chuy or something I just saw him pass by. You know about that car Julio?

hmm I saw a red 2dr GTI parked in front of cimarron club today... didnt notice if it had the LEDs but I didnt see a banner.

btw thanks for stage2 flash Julio, runs like a beast now.. soo smooooth :thumbup:

Julio@DST

Passed Driver's Ed

Marcelo, I haven't see that car around. If you get a chance, give him the number. We'll certainly get him in the scene :happyanim:

Julio@DST

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, recently purchased my first VW not a golf but a Jetta TDI 2010. Im from Mcallen area, my other car is a 2000 H civic.

Hi buddy, is the 2010 the MK5 body style? I know you are getting awsome mileage. Hope to see you soon out there. The local VW club "Volkspeed" hangs out every thursday night on 10th street and fern (by HEB).