GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rofl

msm00b

Ready to race!
So I was on call at the hospital last night and the cafeteria was closed ... ordered a pizza which was promptly delivered by one of these:

I guess I'm just not a big enough cult car enthusiast to know what it was when I saw it ... but it had "Thing" written along the side and big funky tires.

I want one ... one day ... when I can afford to have a few non-DD toys.

VW needs to bring it back imo ... in it's original form/function/make/style.

vwauug

Ready to race!
So I was on call at the hospital last night and the cafeteria was closed ... ordered a pizza which was promptly delivered by one of these:

I guess I'm just not a big enough cult car enthusiast to know what it was when I saw it ... but it had "Thing" written along the side and big funky tires.

I want one ... one day ... when I can afford to have a few non-DD toys.

VW needs to bring it back imo ... in it's original form/function/make/style.

Yep - it is called the Thing - my uncle has one. Thease are actually pretty fun cars. Cars?

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
He is ruining it delivering pizzas

Brian@Mooreparts

Passed Driver's Ed
Ahh, the Volkswagen Thing. Made for the German military. Very rare fun thing to drive around.

we have SOME parts for them, if anyone ever gets one or has one and needs something (LOL I had too, last time I swear..)

CadMan

Ready to race!

I want the 1943 United Grey version... Must come with the rear mounted machine gun option though, for rush hour traffic pacification. :)

Geofux

Ready to race!
What CadMan posted is the Kübelwagen. Not to be confused with the Thing which is basically the civilian version, AKA Type 181.

CadMan

Ready to race!
What CadMan posted is the Kübelwagen. Not to be confused with the Thing which is basically the civilian version, AKA Type 181.

But you have to agree the Kubelwagen as I know it was called is the forefather in the design of the "Thing". The Thing was just a modern re-release of a solid design. The only design that was better from the 40's is the "Schwimmwagen". Now that would be awesome to see.

Geofux

Ready to race!
But you have to agree the Kubelwagen as I know it was called is the forefather in the design of the "Thing". The Thing was just a modern re-release of a solid design. The only design that was better from the 40's is the "Schwimmwagen". Now that would be awesome to see.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/98/VW_Schwimmwagen_1.jpg

Yes definitely. There wouldn't have been a thing if it was not for the Kubelwagen in the first place.

My brother is considering buying a Kubelwagen replica down the road. Anyone heard of Intermeccanica ? ;)