GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rs4 vs m5

gatorfast

man amongst boys
not very good conditions for racing

Mr_B

Ready to race!
Oh yeah fair competiton, an Hartge TUNED M5 V10 againest an S4 (Not the RS4) completely stock. :laugh:

Nicholas

Vanilla Bear
Geez, they be crazy racing a 500HP RWD car in the rain.

The S4 still can hold it's head high. The M5 only took it right up the top end. And as Mr B said, it's tuned. But how do you know it's not the RS4 Mr B? It says RS4 on the Vid...

jerm5

69=dinner for 2
how are you supposed to see if thats an rs4? i wouldnt expect the rs4 to win but even so i dont know if its an rs4. id have that rs4 and then put that supercharger that they are fitting to the r8 from abt and bam 510 horses plus quattro. bye bye m5. plus the new rs5 is supposed to be an m5 killer

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
definitely doesn't sound like it's hartge tuned...if it does have an exhaust, that adds about 10 hp...nothing dramatic. The M5 sounds like it's on the slowest mode for shifting as well. Those shifts took like 1 second...

E60 M5>RS4>E46 M3

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
yea but as you can see from the last race, from a dead stop the rs4 owns because the 4wd helps is plant all that power to the road better

Mr_B

Ready to race!
Geez, they be crazy racing a 500HP RWD car in the rain.

The S4 still can hold it's head high. The M5 only took it right up the top end. And as Mr B said, it's tuned. But how do you know it's not the RS4 Mr B? It says RS4 on the Vid...

Depends how observant you are in the video. I watched it at least 4 times and changed contrast and brightness levels on my monitor to make things on the car more distinguishable.

There are a few items on the RS4 that are not available on the S4.

RS4 has more oval shaped mirrors
RS4 has a chrome skid plate on the boot section (standard option)
RS4 has a more distinguishable front bar.

Those are the 3 items that I noticed in that video.

Although since it is white. It is hard to tell what parts are chrome. I could be wrong. But I stand by my assumption that it is an S4.

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
how are you supposed to see if thats an rs4? i wouldnt expect the rs4 to win but even so i dont know if its an rs4. id have that rs4 and then put that supercharger that they are fitting to the r8 from abt and bam 510 horses plus quattro. bye bye m5. plus the new rs5 is supposed to be an m5 killer
From what I've gathered,the RS5 will be slightly faster than the regular RS4. I believe it will be a killer around a track, but in a straight line, it shouldn't be quicker than the upcoming RS6.

Last edited: