GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SB stage 2 daily. Looking for new clutch

privman

Ready to race!
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new clutch this week. Finally decided to go with sb stage 2 daily. I've looked but can't find any promo codes or anything. Where would be the cheapest place to order from? If anyone could point me in right direction I'd appreciate it.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Gunna throw a wrench in your plans here for a second; have you looked into the RSR clutch at all? I've heard nothing but great things about it on the forums here, and it's cheaper to boot.

That being said I have the SB Stage II daily and love it, works great for me, but it's another option if you're still open to look into it a bit.

(sorry this isn't helpful lol)

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

privman

Ready to race!
Yeah I've looked into the rsr clutch a little. I have mixed emotions about it. How many miles do you have on your sb?

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I had mine installed at 7k miles, I'm rolling on 28k now and it's still holding strong.

privman

Ready to race!
I'm sure any stage 2 clutch kit will 2ork just fine for stage 1 and 2 flashes I'm just worried about later.... it looks as if a lot of ko4 people have went with sb. That's my goal is ko4.

Sebastian89

Ready to race!
If I was to do it again, I'd go either stage 2 endurance or stage 3. If you really drive your car hard (mountain runs, track days, and so on) after a long run the clutch will get too hot and clamping pressure drops. Once it cools down a bit you're good to go again tho. This is on k04 tho, I'm sure stage 1, or 2 wouldn't have that problem bc of lower tq numbers

privman

Ready to race!
If I was to do it again, I'd go either stage 2 endurance or stage 3. If you really drive your car hard (mountain runs, track days, and so on) after a long run the clutch will get too hot and clamping pressure drops. Once it cools down a bit you're good to go again tho. This is on k04 tho, I'm sure stage 1, or 2 wouldn't have that problem bc of lower tq numbers

Would I wear the endurance one out to much driving it daily?

Sebastian89

Ready to race!
Would I wear the endurance one out to much driving it daily?

Depends on your driving I guess. If u drive it properly then you shouldn't. My buddy has 60+k miles on his, no problems. I kind of wish I would've listened to him and went endurance

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Still holding strong with that ko4?

Yep. No issues. Ive done lots of pulls, a few launches... nrnurgring and about 6k miles of daily driving. Good clutch.

However being that it is rated at 400lbtq and apr claims 390ctq... id look at going stage three if i was doing it again

privman

Ready to race!
Come on guys you all are making this harder for me lol soo I want sb now I need to figure out stage 2 endurance or stage 3 daily