GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

seat swap question

Andrew429

Ready to race!
I've searched the forum but couldn't find anything, i have the opportunity to trade my interlagos seats with a buddy who is buying a 2006 gti for his leather seats, both are a 2 door and both have heated seats, I'm wondering if the wiring is different or if it would be just a direct plug and play swap.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I've searched the forum but couldn't find anything, i have the opportunity to trade my interlagos seats with a buddy who is buying a 2006 gti for his leather seats, both are a 2 door and both have heated seats, I'm wondering if the wiring is different or if it would be just a direct plug and play swap.

Wiring and connectors same. Guys on MKV forum have done swaps.

inegrin

Is this mk5 seats going into mk6? Not sure about wiring but there will be a pods issue, resulting in the airbag light coming on.

I want to put a 2010 leather in 2013 but I'm concerned about passenger occupancy device sensor (pods) module compatibility for that swap, both mk6

At a minimum you may need to register the leather seats pods module serial number in the airbag control unit but it may not be compatible. This can be done with a vcds (ross-tech.com). Some people swap the pods modules to avoid this but my understanding is it's a weight sensor system with a number of components, seat cushion, pressure pad, pressure sensor and pods module that are all calibrated together. Swapping just the pods module may negate this calibration. Not sure if even the pods swap will be compatible between mk5 and mk6 though.

Last edited:

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
any update Andrew? did you try it? Ive been looking for a set of leather seats from a junker for a while

Andrew429

Ready to race!
No I never tried it since I wasn't sure if I was going to run into a road block