GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Seats & Wheels

Chucky

Went by Dealer yesterday to test drive a GTI. They had three. Two cars had 18" Detroit wheels and the other the 17" stock wheels. The sales lady could not find anything on the 18" Topas wheel as a option, although it's shown in brochure and I think on VW web site. Anyone know anything about these wheels including size and make of tires which come on them? My wife wants the Topas wheels. Thanks, Chuck

Went by Dealer yesterday to test drive a GTI. They had three. Two cars had 18" Detroit wheels and the other the 17" stock wheels. The sales lady could not find anything on the 18" Topas wheel as a option, although it's shown in brochure and I think on VW web site. Anyone know anything about these wheels including size and make of tires which come on them? My wife wants the Topas wheels. Thanks, Chuck

Topas should be port option from any dealer (translation - they can order a set but they ain't gonna be cheap). Wheel size? Standard for the GTI's. 17" X 7.5" and 18" X 8.5" and the usual bolt pattern of 5 X 112. Offset is 42mm I think. VW standard tires have been Pirelli P-Zero's for summer tires (high performance option) and Continental ProContacts for the all season stuff. Same brands for 17" and 18" wheels if I remember correctly. Best suggestion I would have? Go ask Bud The Parts Guy on vwvortex.com . He's the parts guru and probably has some of the best pricing you're going to find out on the web.

jgs5607

Ready to race!
Different options in Ohio for 18" all seasons (on the cars at my dealership). Pirelli P-Zero Nero's on 4 doors and Dunlop Sports on the 2 doors.

As far as wheels go, the optional wheels shown in the brochure are a pricey option. If I were going to spend that much ($300+/wheel) I would go aftermarket with lighter weight forged wheels that would give you some handling benefit by reducing unsprung weight.

koolgreen

Ready to race!
I notice that on the 18 inchers, the nuts have a plastic cover that seems to have a torx pattern on it.
How do those come off?
Does the dealer put one lock nut?
Or is that a factory standard option?

I have a dealer here in toronto trying to charge for the lock nut.
But if it comes right from the factory, is he trying to rip me off???

Alex.

Ready to race!
Topas should be port option from any dealer (translation - they can order a set but they ain't gonna be cheap). Wheel size? Standard for the GTI's. 17" X 7.5" and 18" X 8.5" and the usual bolt pattern of 5 X 112. Offset is 42mm I think. VW standard tires have been Pirelli P-Zero's for summer tires (high performance option) and Continental ProContacts for the all season stuff. Same brands for 17" and 18" wheels if I remember correctly. Best suggestion I would have? Go ask Bud The Parts Guy on vwvortex.com . He's the parts guru and probably has some of the best pricing you're going to find out on the web.

I ordered All Season tires, but my car same with All-Season P-Zero Nero's. I guess I just got lucky!

zee

Go Kart Champion
I notice that on the 18 inchers, the nuts have a plastic cover that seems to have a torx pattern on it.
How do those come off?
Does the dealer put one lock nut?
Or is that a factory standard option?

I have a dealer here in toronto trying to charge for the lock nut.
But if it comes right from the factory, is he trying to rip me off???

Watch the video below for how to remove the plastic caps.
Each wheel comes with a lock nut from factory. Your dealer is trying to rip you off by charging.

http://askavwsalesguy.com/2009/10/08/the-volkswagen-emergency-tool-kit/