GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Selling my house, woes rant

Muellebs

Ready to race!
I am a title insurance agent, but not in Kentucky. However, I think KY procedures are similar. Biggest problem I see is buyers and sellers getting screwed, paying literally THOUSANDS of dollars more than they should.

Remember, that you (buyers and sellers) can shop around for the best price when choosing a title company for your settlement services. You DO NOT have to go with the title company that your realtor or bank wants. You can shop around. Too many people just leave it up to the bank, and the bank just goes with who they are buddies with, not who might do the best work for the dollar.

I know this will probably be something your buyers deal with more than you will, but on occasion the sellers have a say in it as well.

Now, when you BUY, (I'm assuming you will buy, since you're selling), it will be even more important to hand-pick your title co., and lender, that way you won't be paying for a "$3,000 origination fee" or something ridiculous like that.

Luckily for us my wife works as a loan processor and knows all kinds of title agents. Our lender is who we bank with and we are all set. I am going to defiantly keep all the happenings in mind for the sellers of the house we are buying during the home inspection. I am not out to screw or get screwed.

McFuzz

Go Kart Champion
My home inspector was fun-fuckin-tastic. 75 year old man that crawled through every nook and cranny of my condo and my parents' house when we were purchasing. Dude found every single thing that was wrong or needed attention.

Epic. Baller.

Muellebs

Ready to race!
My home inspector was fun-fuckin-tastic. 75 year old man that crawled through every nook and cranny of my condo and my parents' house when we were purchasing. Dude found every single thing that was wrong or needed attention.

Epic. Baller.

I am hoping to get someone like that. Good attention to detail and not out to purposely find something that is going to cost money to repair. We had someone actually say their goal is to find at least 5 big ticket items that need repair and he is willing to stretch it a little to make it happen. Uh, no thanks. I want some honesty and integrity. If its legit broke or possibly needs attention okay lets look into it.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion

Epic. Baller.

When I bought my townhouse my home inspector every tiny little detail. In the 3 years I owned it i chipped away at the minor details and stuff. I had a list of things the inspector found that I didn't take care of... the buyers inspector when i sold it didn't find shit.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
I am not out to screw or get screwed.

Pardon my francois here, but your statement reminded me of something. A lawyer once said, "There are two types of people in ANY transaction. The f**kor, and the f**kee." Don't be the f**kee and you'll be fine.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Tags made me laugh. Zillow/tulia/realty totally blows. Led my wife and I to several homes that were not even on the market, or on the market at different prices. When I asked a seller's agent about some of the misinformation from her listing on Zillow, she basically threw up her hands and said it wasn't up to her.

Either it's people who don't know technology well enough, don't care enough or a system that doesn't accommodate well enough - there's just so much wrong with the information up there.

Muellebs

Ready to race!
Zillow is a bit of a joke. Trulia is better but realtor dot com is by far the best. You can create searches and they email you updates. That's how we found the house we are under contract to purchase now. It popped up on a Thursday, we saw it on a Friday and made an offer on Saturday morning.

The real estate market in the area we are buying in is insane. There were two more offers on the property that afternoon. We didnt muck about though, we knew how much they property is worth. Only down side, and its slightly large, is the house has NO garage. Will be building one come spring / summer next year if all goes well.

Muellebs

Ready to race!
DAS the house we are trying to purchase.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 110