GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sequential tail lights?

noah.D

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know a pair of sequential tail lights for the mk6 GTI (2012) I saw that vland has a pair that fits the golf r from the same generation but it’s iffy on if they also fit the GTI. Feel free to drop any suggestions for other brands or if someone knows if the Vlands will fit let me know.
Thanks

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
YW! Be prepared to remove many interior trims! I followed this particular video which was SUPER helpful;
Definitely worth it. Very Audi-like.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Vland work perfectly fine, don't throw a ton of money for the same product.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Vland work perfectly fine, don't throw a ton of money for the same product.

$350 is "a ton of money" for a set of LED tail lights? :unsure:

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Supernova lights are 520USD and Vland ones are 249USD (I got them with a discount just under 200).
That's a big difference for the same thing.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Supernova lights are 520USD and Vland ones are 249USD (I got them with a discount just under 200).
That's a big difference for the same thing.

Well the link posted here to the Supernova page shows $349.75, maybe there's a ninja hack in my Chrome to lower prices, no idea. As to identical, haven't held both in person but the Supernova's claim edge to edge design and in the product videos it does appear the Vland's stop on the outer edge, leaving at least 2" of unilluminated area.

So not "the same", also hard to tell if the Vlands have dual reverse and fog like the Supernova. Certainly very similar and if someone doesn't care about the differences then they have options. I mean yeah if the Supernovas WERE $500+ that would be a large difference but still not the "same" although a person would have to really justify the cost. But at $350 as I am seeing the cost difference is minimal and the products do seem different and were it me I would want the full signal display and definitely dual reverse if they both indeed did not have that. That alone is worth $100 lol

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
They stop right at where the picture shows, and the sequential indicators are nice and smooth - very pleased with them.
Vlands will fit and their price is hard to beat. Nobody will know the difference unless they are from these forums and study this stuff :ROFLMAO: .
Choice is yours.