GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shocks replacement

kakiko

I recently replace the rear shocks on my 2010 GTi and the sway bar links. I did not replace the springs but I noticed that the car is slightly higher from the back now. I know that shocks don’t affect the ride hight , but could it be the adjustment from the mechanic that caused it to be a bit higher ? There is about a half an inch or less difference in the back? He installed Sachs HA 5293WD shocks ? Are those the OEM ?
also the hight in the front and the back, is it supposed to be the same ?

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
shocks will take some time to settle and break in, but it's possible your fronts are worn out too. I doubt it's much of an installation issue since I don't think those shocks have adjusters. So it's more likely that you'll need to swap on fronts too, in which case it should sit pretty even. A little rake is common due to engine weight.

trekker

Go Kart Newbie
I recently replace the rear shocks on my 2010 GTi and the sway bar links. I did not replace the springs but I noticed that the car is slightly higher from the back now. I know that shocks don’t affect the ride hight , but could it be the adjustment from the mechanic that caused it to be a bit higher ? There is about a half an inch or less difference in the back? He installed Sachs HA 5293WD shocks ? Are those the OEM ?
also the hight in the front and the back, is it supposed to be the same ?
How's the level now? I believe too it will take some time for the new shocks to settle. My friend planning to get new shocks for the GTi after we finish the last mods on the truck including the suspension and new tires from 4Wheelonline this weekend. We'll see if the level will also be affected.