GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*Show Us Your Washing / Detailing Supplies Thread *

ducatiti

Ready to race!
Just wanted to share my collection of which I started early last month. With all the holiday online coupons, finally getting all the necessities.

I am not a detailer but rather have a budget in mind considering that is cheaper buying the Meguiar's Professional line rather than the consumer stuff. Just an example, a gallon of of leather cleaner/conditioner is $20 compared to a small bottle of Gold Class Leather Cleaner at $10 or so.

Also, the Glass Cleaner is diluted 10 parts water, and 1 part chemical so this would last forever. Not only it's the best glass cleaner, the smell is very addicting! :)

So what is in your garage? hehe

Last edited:

Krog29

Ready to race!
Got some chemical guys stuff. Love it so far except got micro pads for the polisher. :)

ducatiti

Ready to race!
Got some chemical guys stuff. Love it so far except got micro pads for the polisher. :)

Cool! As for me, I went with Griot's DA polisher instead of the Porter Cable. Lifetime warranty and a little more power as I have read. They will replace it with no questions and won't even ask for a receipt. Heard lots of great things about Chemical Guys.

Krog29

Ready to race!
So far so good with chem guys! :)

Spartan180

Passed Driver's Ed

Not much but yeah this is my stuff. On the left is the newer stuff which i mostly use. Really enjoy Autofiness products for my car

chip1

Ready to race!
ducatiti

Where did you buy all your stuff from ? Amazon

ducatiti

Ready to race!
ducatiti

Where did you buy all your stuff from ? Amazon

Mostly from Autopia or Autogeek. Added a coat of Carnauba after a rain storm. Here is an unedited iPhone picture. Kinda looks like gun metal with the reflections :)

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Mostly from Autopia or Autogeek. Added a coat of Carnauba after a rain storm. Here is an unedited iPhone picture. Kinda looks like gun metal with the reflections :)

That looks great man. Cant wait to give my car a prober detailing, Chicago winters suck

stevebrm

Hey man, what pads are you using? I use some of the same products as you but my car doesn't have that the reflection, lol. I am currently using chemical guys hex logic pads.

Showed a friend a pic of your cars hood he told me he is going to be buying the products you listed.

ducatiti

Ready to race!
Hey man, what pads are you using? I use some of the same products as you but my car doesn't have that the reflection, lol. I am currently using chemical guys hex logic pads.

Showed a friend a pic of your cars hood he told me he is going to be buying the products you listed.

Thanks for your compliment.

As requested, this is the line of pads I use: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/lake-country-6in-foam-pads.html

I am still a noob when it comes to detailing but I used the white polishing pad with M205 to remove any minor imperfections, swirls, and/or scratches. If that does not cut, you may go with an orange pad with M105.

But do not forget to clay prior to any correcting. I used the Speed Surface Towel to make it even easier. Clayed the whole car in 15 minutes tops.

For the M21 Sealant, I used a red pad and let it cure for at least 12 hours prior to applying M26 Carnauba to top it off. M26 really deepens the color as seen in the picture.

Hope this helps..

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
damn this beats mine, I'm overseas now so i can't take pic but i can remember much i can on what i have on top of my head.

- eagle dull metal polishing (for them exhaust tips)
- meguairs quick interior detailer
- lenox leather conditioner
- mothers leather cleaner
- meguairs gold class shampoo
- meguairs glass cleaner
- Iron-X
- meguiars tire shine
- mothers wheel cleaner
- 2 buckets
- sponge from auto zone with bug cleaning rough surface on other side of sponge
- about 10 microfiber towels (keep one in the glove box for dusts, another one in trunk to clean the build up chrome tips)
- dipyourcar dip foam thats been sitting since i need power washer.
- i believe thats about it, can't justify more "detailing" stuff.

chip1

Ready to race!
I bought the following -
6 Qty 32 oz. Meguiar's Detailing Spray Bot
Meguiar's D149 Quik Interior Detailer
Meguiar's Synthetic X-press Spray Wax
Meguiar's D170 Hyper Dressing
Meguiar's D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate
Meguiar's D155 Last Touch Spray Detail
Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Clean

luvdagators

Go Kart Champion
Meguiar's is the way too go
Chemical guys is overpriced and over hyped, Not that good in my opinion and no customer service whatsoever