GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sidemarkers

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
IMG_2865.jpg

I got the little panel guy out using a baby pry bar. Guess I'll spend some more money and order some from somebody that has customer service. All I asked was for an exchange/replacement and they just say they all fit the same hahahaha

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I would 100% live with that. You are insane.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
I wouldn’t live with that either.

I had some smoked ones fit similar after I lost an OEM paint matched. Just tossed them in the trash and went with ECS ones. Much happier with fitment.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah I'd send that back too. I have no idea where mine came from. Torga sent them too me and they fit like OEM.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hear you're having so many problems with fitment! Mine popped in no problem with tight gaps all around.
Yep, me too, no issues, took me about 5 minutes.

Clear sidemarkers ftw.

Regarding getting the panel out...just undo one or two of the t25 screws and then pop it out from the inside. Sooo much easier.
Another good way to do it. Curious why some people have it so easy and others don't. Not trying to slam anyone, by the way. But it is odd........are the bumpers and their underpinnings that different in some years??? Mine was literally, click, push , done. Again, I got mine from ECS, fitment was perfect. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Maybe his bumper is warped or something. These 15$ sidemarkers can't be wrong God damn it

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Maybe his bumper is warped or something. These 15$ sidemarkers can't be wrong God damn it

Longest side marker thread award. When I looked at the driver unit from the side, it looked like the clear part was bonded slightly off center towards the rear. Def why it didn't fit right. I sent them back and ordered a different set. I'm thinking my covers in the wheel liner were just old and full of dirt. Should have removed the screws like Jay said but at that point I was determined... lol

Blue K04

Passed Driver's Ed
When I installed my eBay smoked side markers I had to sand one by hand a bit. Fit great after that.

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Wow... guess I'm sending them back. LOL

On some golfs they fit differently. Check if there are numbs on the back that can be shaved. The lights are all the same, from the same mold. All the lefts come from the same exact mold so if we send another it will fit exactly the same.

If you would like to return you are more than welcome to return them in Myebay.
Numbs...lol

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Painted to match body color FTW.

martinoermand

Thinking of getting clear side markers... Any suggestions on which ones? I have seen Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinkloginsome that are coarse/smooth. Wondering which looks the best or is good quality?

I'm not interested in smoke, or shaving the bumper, or wrapping them body color at this time.
Purchased them new from ECS, the car was only a few months old then, so they've been on the car a long time. No leaks, no problems, highly recommended.

Last edited: