GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So a motorcycle crashed into my MK6 and exploded...

Locke

Ready to race!
Those photos are insane.

nevekd128

Ready to race!
i hope the biker recovers. despite the supposed speeded, a glove thats on fire sounds like a fuel leak before the bike impacted.

Any way i hope your office has camera to catch your face when your boss says "uh, your car is on fire outside"

gtiguy482

Passed Driver's Ed
Sad to hear about your GTI. Glad you were not in the car at the time. Speedy recovery wishes to the biker. Good luck on the hunt for a replacement. :thumbsup:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
wow that's insane, surprised i haven't seen that will buff out comments.

Good luck on replacement. I hope the biker learns lesson if he came out as alive.

nik

Go Kart Champion
Dang I bet that thing stank after...can never forget the smell of a burning Car.

Hope the biker despite whatever their actions recovers.

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

rasetsu

Ready to race!
Condolences to the rider. Car and bike are easily replaceable.

I see the passenger door is opened. Did you try to grab stuff out?

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
That sucks, sorry for the trouble that you are going through.

I just bought my 2011, not a huge selection of cars available right now in the Vancouver area. There are a few 2015's on Craigslist that are priced pretty aggressive.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
I found a 2012 CW 3-door CW with 35k and no accidents on it for $22k. Will probably negotiate a little but most likely my new car.

Looked around at BMWs as well. Found a silver 2014 328i...decked out and only 6k on it for $30k but one minor $2500 accident...and the guy on the phone sounded super shady. "I give you good price, my friend." sorta dude.

You got the pictures to load! What an insane chain reaction to him slamming into your car! (Hopefully, the biker is recovering nicely.)

Anyway, if you buy another GTI I will hire someone to ram a Mack truck into it. Why? Because you are now in prime position to buy a 2012 R! :thumbsup:

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
I found a 2012 CW 3-door CW with 35k and no accidents on it for $22k. Will probably negotiate a little but most likely my new car.

Looked around at BMWs as well. Found a silver 2014 328i...decked out and only 6k on it for $30k but one minor $2500 accident...and the guy on the phone sounded super shady. "I give you good price, my friend." sorta dude.

$22 is about the going rate for the 2012, I find most of the cars around here are asking a high price, and as a result they have been sitting for months. I was going to buy a 2016 fully loaded GTI, but came across the 2011 that I couldn't say no to the price. VW Dealer put a CPO on it, and I am good to go for a few years. The BMW guy wasn't supper shady, he was just a typical BMW owner! :thumbup:

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
LOL nah, he had several cars on sale. Ad said Surrey, person on the phone said Port Coquitlam...

I think I can talk down to about $20xxx for the car. I would buy a new 2015-16 but it's still too much. $40k+ after taxes?

The good news is Cowell has agreed to let me keep my extended warranty and free maintenance if I buy another GTI, even if it isn't from them, since I'm still paying for it anyways.

I was getting a price of just under $44K for a fully loaded 2016, picked my CPO'd loaded 2011 with 49KM for $20K taxes in. It was a great price, just needs new wheels as I hate the Detroits. That is nice of Cowell, I hear that they are a great dealer to deal with.