GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM mount kit owners - Need info

FinallygotmyGTI

Ready to race!
So I have the SPM mount kit installed as well as the HPA red hockey puck. I've got almost 1K miles on them and still getting a ton of vibes with the AC on. I also get some heavy vibes when shifting at the lower RPMs (leaving in first, decel at low RPM, etc)

My question: Is there anything I need to look for and/or adjust to help? I'm not sure if the vibes I'm getting are normal or if I need to adjust.

I've already re-torqued everything so nothing is loose. Could I have something over tightened?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
I had the same set up as you and I felt like my ears were gonna explode. So I sold my SPM mounts. I did Retorque them and it didn't make a difference.

FinallygotmyGTI

Ready to race!
I actually like the sound, I'm just hoping to get the vibes down a little bit more. Even if I can't thats ok, they perform so well I'm definitely not putting the stockers back in LOL

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
I liked the sound when I first installed them, but when I went on the highway, drove normally, went through the abundance of useless red lights in FL, it got really tiring.

6th gear and low speeds was sooo loud. It sounded like drone.

Sales@drivespm

Finally - Certainly around the 1000 mile mark you will have noticed a reduction in NVH as felt in the cabin. That has been the general conclusion based on our customer reviews and our findings.

You have the HPA puck installed, we haven't run that combination ourselves with our mounts - so I can't speak to how that combination feels as compared to a full SPM mount kit. The hardness of our polyurethane is 75a, which is actually less than some competitors which results in less of a harsh feel while driving. Usually the vibes will be a little greater with the A/C on - this is something noticed regardless of the mount brand, largely dependent on the hardness of the poly.

The install guide is on our website under the product page, so double check (as it seems you already have) to make sure all items are torqued.

If you have any questions, please shoot me a PM or email.
Thanks -

FinallygotmyGTI

Ready to race!
Finally - Certainly around the 1000 mile mark you will have noticed a reduction in NVH as felt in the cabin. That has been the general conclusion based on our customer reviews and our findings.

You have the HPA puck installed, we haven't run that combination ourselves with our mounts - so I can't speak to how that combination feels as compared to a full SPM mount kit. The hardness of our polyurethane is 75a, which is actually less than some competitors which results in less of a harsh feel while driving. Usually the vibes will be a little greater with the A/C on - this is something noticed regardless of the mount brand, largely dependent on the hardness of the poly.

The install guide is on our website under the product page, so double check (as it seems you already have) to make sure all items are torqued.

If you have any questions, please shoot me a PM or email.
Thanks -

Sorry I wasn't clearer on that, I have noticed a huge drop in vibes compared to when I first installed them, so that is awesome. I'm just trying to make sure that I'm experiencing the normal amount of vibes or if I've got something else going on. I really appreciate all the posts. Thanks All!

BTW of topic, but SPM customer service is EXCELLENT! Replying to my Posts/PMs and emails through their site. These guys know how to run a business. Wish more vendors were like SPM:thumbsup:

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
My mounts softened up nicely after 1500 or so miles but you will always have vibes when using the AC. There's no way around it.

FinallygotmyGTI

Ready to race!
Good news. I took the wife to dinner and she said the ride is 100% better than the day after I installed them. I think it is in my head since I drive it so much. I notice every little thing and forget what it felt like stock LOL

Tyler@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Great to hear, and thank you for the compliments. Enjoy the mounts!, and you get the wife's approval which is always a good thing.

BDTuning

Ready to race!
We have had this with the shop car. Vibe's went down to a very very acceptable level with no AC on after 1000 miles.

Now with the AC on this is a different story. They got a hell of a lot better after 2300 miles. But there is still a fair amount of vibes when running the AC. Its to be expected. But one thing we did notice is that the vibes are a lot worse when you have the cabin re circulation on.

I would suggest that you use re circulation at first but once the cabin is cool enough then switch that off and the vibes get a lot better. Its not going to totally make it go away but it does help a lot.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Nope, it vibes and its loud thats just the nature of the beast. I think they're pretty livable though even in la rush hour traffic. I noticed that it vibes less with the hpa red puck installed than it did with the insert that came with the mounts. I'm not sure why this in the case but its definitely a pretty big difference.

b_waggs83

Ready to race!
I'm with you in that the mounts sound like drone on the interstate. The a/c vibes are prettt bad too. I have approximately 500 miles on them right now. They got a ton better but the drone is killing me.

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
Have you unplugged your soundaktor? When I unplugged mine the sound/vibes in the car got a lot better

Yep, they were unplugged. My mounts had a little over 1000 IIRC and the drone at low RPMs with load (hills) was rediculous. Like my friends were asking what was wrong with my car.

b_waggs83

Ready to race!
Same here soundaktor is unplugged. I'm wondering if I can't achieve the same goal of no wheel hop with a suspension upgrade.