GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ST X coilovers installed! suggestions?

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Alignment is done.

Slight vibration felt by the steering wheel at 140kmph. Going to give it couple thousand miles before I start replacing more parts.

Attachments

• B1BC9E0F-AFD0-444A-8BC7-2E3A526CDEA3.jpeg
    B1BC9E0F-AFD0-444A-8BC7-2E3A526CDEA3.jpeg
    679 KB · Views: 50

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I ended up re-doing the wheel alignment at a secondary wheel alignment shop as the rear was not done by the primary wheel alignment shop my car was at.

Reason for the vibration…

Never going back to that shop my car was at first.

1500miles later my mk6 drives wayyyyy better than before.

I’m going to get the TyrolSport subframe inserts installed soon and I’m sure it’ll be night and day difference.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I noticed the more bumpy roads I drove on, the stronger the coilovers feel over time… especially during heavily sprinted drives… it hugs the road.

Big difference from stock suspension.

It holds the engine/tranny properly. I don’t experience wheel hop anymore.

Car puts down the power easily.

No regrets. Other than I should’ve installed the subframe inserts from TyrolSport together.

Whatever. Live and learn.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I hear a clunk from the rear at times, when exiting a higher level parking lot to a lower level ground, like from a steep hill, going down to touch the road, as the rear wheels leave the higher ground and land on the lower level, it'll make a clunk noise, I believe the TyrolSport sub-frame insert will fix this. I will report back once it is installed.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Ok, I think the clunk noise is coming from something I have in the trunk.... I will remove all items from my car and check again.

As this clunk is not always present at all times, only once in a while.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
The clunk is gone after installing TyrolSport subframe inserts. It changed the entire dynamic of my car... it doesn't make it a brand new car, but it sort of makes it a different car comparing to when I first got it.
It does compliment the coilovers I installed, only annoying part is I had to get wheel alignment done twice... in less than 12 months. Car drives way better though so I'm happy.