GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sub frame kits-inserts/new bolts/etc

AceZX

Passed Driver's Ed
Check out AllensFasteners.com

They sell a lot of ARP bolt sizes individually. ARP bolts aren't cheap but they are really nice.

I have the kit with ARP bolts waiting to go in as well.
I was under the impression the subframe arp bolts, were made specifically for tyrolsport, and this kit.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Looking for anyone that has experience with any kits for the sub frame. I've had the clanking/knocking issues for a while. Even had a bolt stripped and repaired, checked multiple times and it's tq'd to spec so it holds.

I read the description of the product on ECS and it's almost exactly the issues I'm hearing. That doesn't mean it will fix it but it's closer than I've found anywhere else to possibly solving the issue.

Below is the link I'm referencing.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/ecs-front-subframe-locking-collar-kit/007343ecs01-01kt/

I'd likely change the dog bone mount and possibly a few other bushing/mounts while the sub frame is off. Any suggestions are appreciated, sarcasm as well...lol

I searched and didn't find a ton in this portion of the forum.
ahh so I should be replacing the dog bone mount and other components as well eh, whatever, next time.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I was under the impression the subframe arp bolts, were made specifically for tyrolsport, and this kit.

I am assuming not as I have the CTS kit which also comes with ARP bolts as an option. I have a bunch of ARP bolts for my motorcycle and these look the same as all the others. That being said it doesn't really matter. ARP bolts are very strong and stainless which is not a combo you will find anywhere else. And the price for the upgrade on these kits is not too crazy as these bolts are expensive on their own.

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
I have an installed tyrolsport deadset kit already, but I need to drop the subframe to swap the dogbone and mounts. Is it recommended to swap the supplied bolts that came with the deadset kit, or just the OEM bolts? I know the latter are stretch bolts and I hate to reuse them.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I have an installed tyrolsport deadset kit already, but I need to drop the subframe to swap the dogbone and mounts. Is it recommended to swap the supplied bolts that came with the deadset kit, or just the OEM bolts? I know the latter are stretch bolts and I hate to reuse them.
I'm in the same boat.. I will be installing the APR dogbone mount and BFI insert... I am wondering the same about the TyrolSport deadset kit bolts... like fml... I should've WAITED and installed all three TOGETHER... ahhhh!!!!