GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Summer Tires =/= Snow

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Also glad I put my winter wheels on both my cars last week, once it starts to dip below 44 deg. at night I always swap.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
Drove the car into work today on wet road conditions, everything is fine thank goodness. Don't worry though winter tires will be going on this weekend.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
For safety reasons I put my winters on Mid to late October, regardless of how nice the weather is.

Hopefully there's no damage done!

Gotta love GERMAN Law!! Nov - April :) Like my dealer says OKT to Oster!

Any of you living in the upper midwest and northeast should already have them on in the US. Read and heed the OP's experience. Summer tires aint good in the cold. Have fun! :)

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
My, car is leased and on the Pirelli all seasons.
Should I buy it next year, I would probably get a tune - and go the summer tire & snow tire route.

Just yesterday, when all this snow came down in NYC I was thinking to myself how screwed I would have been if I was on summer tires and failed to get them off in time.
The all seasons did fine last night though, and the first winter I had my car was the snowiest we ever had and the all seasons handled it well.

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
I have my summers on still, but that is changing saturday. Im putting on my stock Denvers w/stock All Seasons. I had one cold /wet morning a few weeks ago where my grip was non-existant on my hankook v12s. Understandably so.

I had zero problems last year running this setup. the are the Continentals though, not pirelli. Once im Conti's are done i'll slap some blizzaks or the like on my denvers.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
I knew they were going to bad and I expected it. I almost called my GF to come pick me up at work when I saw how bad the snow was, Live and learn I guess. Like i said this is the first time with a dedicated set for each season. Once I get the snows on it probably won't snow again for a couple months but its better safe then sorry.

Familyguy1

I knew they were going to bad and I expected it. I almost called my GF to come pick me up at work when I saw how bad the snow was, Live and learn I guess. Like i said this is the first time with a dedicated set for each season. Once I get the snows on it probably won't snow again for a couple months but its better safe then sorry.

Yeah. I think I am going to see this when I move to Denver soon...I have all-seasons on my car, Bridgestone Turanza ecos. They do ok here in TN where its more ice and slush than heavy snow, but I dont know how they would deal with snow in Denver. I've read that they aren't that liked as all-seasons...should have gone with the Michelin Primacys or Defenders...

-Familyguy Tapatalking

electricalBear

So you were on summer tires, the weather people told you it would snow that day, and it's somehow their fault? :confused:

Sorry about your car, but really, change those out if there is any snow forecast.