GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i am trying to NOT spread misinformation.

I got the fauci ouchy a few weeks back then started hearing everyone say 'oh if you got your vaccine you don't need to wear a mask anymore!"

i thought, based on purely my own suppositions - how would that be the case? you could be carrying the virus and spread it, being asymptomatic because your body is overcoming the virus! A vaccinated person could be a super spreader!

But on the other hand, your body is fighting the virus once it enters the body, therefore kind of 'killing it' to the point where its not transmissible. Right?

Or, since your immune system takes some time to recognize it needs to fight something, could you still carry the virus just the same as if you were not vaccinated? Or atleast until your body starts fighting it off?

I don't know what to believe. Can one of you plebians help me pls

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

I got the fauci ouchy a few weeks back then started hearing everyone say 'oh if you got your vaccine you don't need to wear a mask anymore!"

i thought, based on purely my own suppositions - how would that be the case? you could be carrying the virus and spread it, being asymptomatic because your body is overcoming the virus! A vaccinated person could be a super spreader!

But on the other hand, your body is fighting the virus once it enters the body, therefore kind of 'killing it' to the point where its not transmissible. Right?

Or, since your immune system takes some time to recognize it needs to fight something, could you still carry the virus just the same as if you were not vaccinated? Or atleast until your body starts fighting it off?

If a vaccinated person is a super spreader then this we're all doomed destined to live lonely lives inside out homes. Fuck that noise. Would rather die. I do honestly believe some people want mass isolation forever for some weird reason.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
well, lemme put it this way - at base, a vaccinated person is definately not WORSE off than a non-vaxed. However, what i fear (and i use that term fear lightly) is that by gallivanting around wally-world with no mask, cleaning everyones bacon rings, you might be spreading the virus without knowing it, because you could potentially have it and be asymptotic.

What i want to know is - what actually happens to your likelihood of carrying the virus after vaxing? Especially considering you may be upping your exposure.

cb1111

You got the vaccine so that you won't get sick and that you won't make others sick.

The currents regs require masks for people that aren't vaccinated. There is the naïve belief that people will be truthful and I'm afraid that some will have a rude awakening.

I have two co-workers who had COVID - both have since gotten vaccinated because they don't want to go through that again or be responsible for someone else getting sick.
So I'm quoting my own post to update it.

The CDC has gone on record to state that people that have had COVID are to be considered unvaccinated and are required to continue to wear masks in those ares where the vaccinated can go maskless.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion

Rule of thumb is that you're as good as you're gonna get two weeks after your final dose of vaccine. Phizer will get you to ~85% 28 days after the first jab, and ~94% 14 days after the second.

Past that just follow whatever local ordinance has on masks. If you're inviting buddies over and you know everyone is two weeks past their second dose than there isn't a point to wear them.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the info guys!

How the hell is everyone anyway?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the info guys!

How the hell is everyone anyway?

You know, living the dream. Slowly turning into a lizard, sipping kool aid.

You?

How's the S4 treating you?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Haha. Just trying to stay above it all!

Been slammed with work since new years. In the midst of trying to get a 2nd house.

You guys ever get those bumper flares?

S4 life is great. Upgrade in many ways to the gti but you lose some of the light tossability of the gti. Super fun and quick though.

cb1111

Interestingly enough, I just had a discussion with the CDC on this today. Here is how they explained it to me in layman's terms:

A person doesn't just pick up the virus and pass it on. In an unvaccinated person, the virus is picked up, replicated in the body and shed by breathing, sneezing, coughing etc. The body replicates the virus even if you have no symptoms. In short, your body becomes the petri dish to grow the virus.

If you're vaccinated, the virus doesn't replicate, so there is nothing of significance to spread when you cough or sneeze. that ptri dish has been scrubbed clean and has nothing that the virus can use to grow.

More simplified, the virus that you pick up is no big deal to others until it replicates in your body.

This is one of the most effective vaccines ever developed.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Haha. Just trying to stay above it all!

Been slammed with work since new years. In the midst of trying to get a 2nd house.

You guys ever get those bumper flares?

S4 life is great. Upgrade in many ways to the gti but you lose some of the light tossability of the gti. Super fun and quick though.

Yep, finally arrived in Feb and were sent out to everyone.

Glad to hear the S4 is working for you. I went through a brief period where I was looking at 2018 and up S3's. Got my GTI wrapped and snapped out of it. The 2022's looks absolutely sick though, might be my next car in a few years.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Interestingly enough, I just had a discussion with the CDC on this today. Here is how they explained it to me in layman's terms:

A person doesn't just pick up the virus and pass it on. In an unvaccinated person, the virus is picked up, replicated in the body and shed by breathing, sneezing, coughing etc. The body replicates the virus even if you have no symptoms. In short, your body becomes the petri dish to grow the virus.

If you're vaccinated, the virus doesn't replicate, so there is nothing of significance to spread when you cough or sneeze. that ptri dish has been scrubbed clean and has nothing that the virus can use to grow.

More simplified, the virus that you pick up is no big deal to others until it replicates in your body.

This is one of the most effective vaccines ever developed.
Thank you, that adds up to me. It was the other 'flipside' i was considering.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Yep, finally arrived in Feb and were sent out to everyone.

Glad to hear the S4 is working for you. I went through a brief period where I was looking at 2018 and up S3's. Got my GTI wrapped and snapped out of it. The 2022's looks absolutely sick though, might be my next car in a few years.
Aw snap! Pics of the wrap?

S3 would have been my go to but of course, no manuals. And no supercharger whine :)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Aw snap! Pics of the wrap?

S3 would have been my go to but of course, no manuals. And no supercharger whine :)

I'm a #BasicBitch. Couldn't resist the Nardo Grey.

1622776565067.png

And since I'm DSG4LYFE (with the ban to prove it), that wouldn't bother me. I don't need the 3rd pedal.