GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I thought he was looking at an si . . . Maybe not

He was... which made 0 sense since he has the GTI already. If he wants a car for his wife he should go another route.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
The pathfinder interior doesnt sit well with me. it gives me a feeling of 5 years ago. just doesnt seem modern.

she already test drive a grand cherokee last time and said it was really more car than she wanted or needed, too many fancy options.

forester interior sucks...

always going in circles. the nightmare of my life.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Resale should trump all.

Resale on the GTI is better than any new civic considering he will take a 10% hit in sales tax on no matter what he gets. Considering the time frame in mind.

That 10% on the civic (2k) + civic depreciation (1-2k) will be larger than GTI depreciation over the next 6 months

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
K what about a Cherokee for her? ~10k cheaper than GC but it may be too slow?

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Resale on the GTI is better than any new civic considering he will take a 10% hit in sales tax on no matter what he gets. Considering the time frame in mind.

That 10% on the civic (2k) + civic depreciation (1-2k) will be larger than GTI depreciation over the next 6 months

Taxes are a constant since he'll be swapping anyway. They're keeping the GTI no matter what. The question is...what car is the next 6-month car?

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
The pathfinder interior doesnt sit well with me. it gives me a feeling of 5 years ago. just doesnt seem modern.

she already test drive a grand cherokee last time and said it was really more car than she wanted or needed, too many fancy options.

forester interior sucks...

always going in circles. the nightmare of my life.

So the Pathfinder interior sucks which was originally in Infiniti's. Okay, but somehow you liked the crackerbox interior of an Xterra?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
If you want power, find a V6 Equinox or Terrain. They're rockets. I can hook you up on price too.

I have always liked GMC's. Doubt she does tho. wtf.. every new terrain on my local dealer lot is a 4 cylinder..

the Forester XT 2.0 looks decent if we can get past the interior. 250hp/258tq stock. cobb it for another 20-30 and it would be decent. but i wonder if that CVT would ruin it even when chipped. dammit.. why cant it have a touch screen like most other modern cars.

http://www.livermoresubaru.com/new/Subaru/2015-Subaru-Forester-58b96a100a0a0064711cebe9954054fd.htm

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I dislike Nissan. Their styling is so dated and retarded, on everything.