GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*The official cheese steak thread*

AdvanSuper

Banned
I learn something every day

Yes you did... This is probably one of the best places to eat when you got those late night munchies. $5.50 for a sandwich packed with goodness lol

YorkGTI

Ready to race!
I have been to philly once about 3 years ago. The menu at those places is funny. I ate at Pats I believe. It might have been Genos though. Super good and you have to order fast or they are mean. Wit Witout. The cheese wiz is bomb.

We have phillys best out here but it doesnt compare to Philada

dsn112@comcast.net

Ready to race!
Steves is the hands down best.

I grew up in Philly and have had them all! I have even had Gaetoanos and Chiks in S. Jersey.

Steves is amazing, but if you order whiz, thats where you miss out. There liquified american is the best shit on earth!!

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
So, I work in philly & have lived in the area my whole life. Yesterday at work, we had a heated arguement about the best cheesesteak place. I still like the original pat's (wiz wit), but I've been known to go to gino's from time to time. My wife like's jim's on south, and johnny hot's also get's prop's & believe it or not lee's hoagie house has a decent steak IMO. Everyone local seems to have a fav spot & can be very loyal to that brand. Let's hear your favorite cheesesteak place/ or story. What do you like on them onions, hot's? What do out of the area people know about cheesesteak's? I guess it's a local thing, because whenever I leave the area I find it weird there's no wawa, or pretzels/tastykake's?

i gotta agree with your wife. I really don't like either pats nor ginos. Both over rated & too touristy. I like Jims. You're probably gonna kill me for this, but i'm not a big fan of the wiz either! lol. I put provolone, onions & HOT.

GTIxpinay

dirty pirate hooker
LOL Me and my friends make that trip maybe 2-3 times every other month. It's so damn worth it every time.

Not to go off topic but you need to check out the grease trucks in Rutgers if you haven't already.

grease trucks!!! :wub: every time im drunk in new brunswick i'm always stumbling over there

fucking fat bitch with hot sauce is the bomb diggity

back on topic

my car in front of pat's steaks

my pizza steak
:drool:

Strmtrpr

Censored
Noooo DAMNIT let this thread die......

man I just kicked the cheese steak urge out of my head....:mad:

:biggrin:

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
Noooo DAMNIT let this thread die......

man I just kicked the cheese steak urge out of my head....:mad:

:biggrin:

Look one page back, some people are doing a cheese steak run from VA, that's why I re-vived it, you should join them & maybe I'll shoot down?

Strmtrpr

Censored
Look one page back, some people are doing a cheese steak run from VA, that's why I re-vived it, you should join them & maybe I'll shoot down?

Damn I may have to look into that

Ok call me dumb but I never knew philly is only 5 hours away from me....looks like I will have to do this. I have a buddy with a mkv that would tag along for sure.

rcnu71299

Ready to race!
i was in philly last week and tried a cheese steak from pat's... from the reviews i read i expected it to be really good... but after eating it the only thing i can say is OVERRATED... they gave me some half stale bun with meat just barely lining the bottom of it and poured a bit of cheese on there with some mushrooms that didn't taste very good

granted i've never had cheese steak from anywhere else in philly so i have no frame of reference... maybe it was a "bad batch" or something but i definitely wasn't impressed