GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Photography Thread!

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
I saw the one you are referring to when I was lens searching as well. I say go for it for that push/pull one. I got the one I did because it had so many good reviews and comments from many places, especially because it is an all metal body, so this sucker is durable as anything.
yea that all metal body is virtually indestrucable
The push/pull one are pretty good. but I will opt for the one shown in the pic.
Because some people said the push/pull motion will suck in some dust into the lens.

I'm using Sigma 70-200 2.8 which I thinking of selling it.

hmm havent read up too much on it yet.
let me know what happens with that sigma though :D

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
What lens is the last guy in the pic using? 24-105L?

I'm really considering getting that to replace my Tamron 24-70mm 2.8

my 28-135 should replace your tamron so then i could buy the rokinon 35mm i want LOL

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
the amount of bro and dawg right now is insane

i think you need another one.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Editing some photos from the Rolex24 this past weekend

DSC_2714 by Patrick NG Photography, on Flickr

DSC_2433 by Patrick NG Photography, on Flickr

DSC_2086 by Patrick NG Photography, on Flickr

Damn, we should have met up while we were down there. Gorgeous shots man.

That 935 is stunning.

I shoot with the D600, so basically the same body, just a year older, haha. I use the 80-200 f2.8 that I found on eBay for $600 with free shipping from Japan. When I got it, it was barely used and was in just about perfect condition. It is this lens:

Most of my shots from the Rolex24 was with that lens. If you don't mind that it doesn't have IS (Image Stability) built into the lens, then it is a beautiful lens for cheap for a full frame Nikon. :D

Hmm, very cool.

Anyway, came here to whore the only half decent shot I got all weekend with my dads camera. All I had was a 50mm fixed zoom lens, but I had fun trying to get some nice shots, and I'm inspired to get a camera of my own.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
What lens is the last guy in the pic using? 24-105L?

I'm really considering getting that to replace my Tamron 24-70mm 2.8

My friend was shooting with the Canon 135mm f2L USM lens most of the Rolex. He loves that lens and how tack sharp it can get. He prefers fixed lens to any zoom lens.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Damn, we should have met up while we were down there. Gorgeous shots man.

That 935 is stunning.

Hmm, very cool.

Anyway, came here to whore the only half decent shot I got all weekend with my dads camera. All I had was a 50mm fixed zoom lens, but I had fun trying to get some nice shots, and I'm inspired to get a camera of my own.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7355/16367319746_98b8656492_b.jpg[/QUOTE]

I have gone for the past 3-4 years and usually camp on the infield. Next time I'll post up where I'll be to meet up man! And thanks man! Still editing more photos that I'll post on HighwayStar Garage's website and my Flickr.

And we all start somewhere man! I love my 50mm f1.8 because it is a nice, sharp, vibrant lens that works great for a lot of occasions. Just for the Rolex, the 80-200mm f2.8 got the job done a little better. In the pits and right before the start of the Rolex, I was using my Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 lens.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
yea that all metal body is virtually indestrucable

hmm havent read up too much on it yet.
let me know what happens with that sigma though :D

Yea, the 80-200mm I got is a beast. All the focus and zoom is internal, so there is little for dust to really get into the housing. Worked out beautifully Saturday morning when it was still raining when I was shooting the Ferrari Challenge. Wasn't very worried about getting the lens wet of the body. Just gaffer taped where the lens meets the body and BOOM, good to go, haha!

I had heard that about the push/pull lens about dust getting in a little to the housing, but it wasn't that bad. I was more worried about the sliding getting too loose after a while. I have a sling that I use for my camera, so it on my side usually pointing down. So after a while, I could see the slide getting loose and causing issues.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Are you interested? lol I am thinking of selling it around $600.

The one I got is the Marco II HSM version. HSM = AF-S, so it has AF motor in the lens.

i kinda am... as soon as my other lens sell and i save up a bit more LOL

Boondock

Ready to race!
Looks like I found the place where the golfmk6 photography nerds live. I could use some advice on a new dslr body.

Currently leaning between 2 cameras at the moment. Canon 70D and 6D. I'm a television production major in school, that being said I will be doing a lot of video for school and personal projects. But don't let that overshadow the fact I could certainly appreciate the full frame on the 6D over the cropped 70D sensor. The higher 70D FPS and swivel screen are kind of a big deal, but then just the overall performance of the 6D has me in that regard. The fancy 70D autofocus features are a "meh" to me. Manual focus is the only way to go IMO.

Advice/personal experience/calling me a dumbass all appreciated.