Not open for further replies.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Tore up a brand new car... :( that's a lease

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Tore up a brand new car... :( that's a lease

huh? didn't break 1 clip.

Actually I'm about to forget about replacing the window.. I'll just keep the new one for end of lease turn in. Depends if I get any good info on the Charger forums.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Just don't fuck with it... looks far too complicated for such a minor return.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Just don't fuck with it... looks far too complicated for such a minor return.

you're right. i have kinda got over the scratch in the last week.. but the part took a week and half to get and i ordered when i was pretty bummed about it. now, i don't even notice it. prob will put it back together and just forget about it. unless someone posts a video about how easy it is to get that inner section off. then it will only take me 2 mins to actually swap the new window in.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Maybe I missed it, have you thought about polishing it out? I bought a 3" orbital and glass pads for a similar job and it worked great.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Maybe I missed it, have you thought about polishing it out? I bought a 3" orbital and glass pads for a similar job and it worked great.

its pretty deep.. dont think it would polish out.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
just got done. follow up video tomorrow. pretty stoked i handled it myself. one small part i have to replace just so its 100%.

McQueen77

Banned
its pretty deep.. dont think it would polish out.

didn't we just finish talking about how there is freedom in the lease in that you don't have to care about the car? so stop caring. drive it. drive the living shit out of it. drive it like you know you won't have it in 3 years. then move on. thats how ive been with the tiguan and its a great feeling.

live man, live!

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
there is freedom in the lease

uploadfromtaptalk1365080379019.jpg

Sent via tapatalk

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
didn't we just finish talking about how there is freedom in the lease in that you don't have to care about the car? so stop caring. drive it. drive the living shit out of it. drive it like you know you won't have it in 3 years. then move on. thats how ive been with the tiguan and its a great feeling.

live man, live!

i don't care about much on it.. but a window scratch was worse than a paint scratch or ding to me. just because its a lease won't mean i don't love it as much as if i had bought it. won't do any non-reversable mods, thats for sure.

next up.. probably the big screen. i have been wavering on metal pedals. maybe i like the subtle look of the plain rubber pedals. i'll have to look at it some more.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I take good care of my lease, just don't do much for mods and don't care as much about long-term maintenance. Free dealer maintenance only unless something breaks.

Then again it's my first lease and I'm paranoid about getting charged a bunch of money for every little scratch on it...

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I take good care of my lease, just don't do much for mods and don't care as much about long-term maintenance. Free dealer maintenance only unless something breaks.

Then again it's my first lease and I'm paranoid about getting charged a bunch of money for every little scratch on it...

dood you don't even worry about that stuff.. you avoid all the repair costs as well as mileage overage by just trading it in to any other dealer at the end. long as they give you the residual or whatever its called. (at least thats the Dodge method, maybe VW is different.) i don't even have a lease end fee.

and you're right about maintenance. This car also has 10k interval oil changes.. i wont be doing my usual 5k changes on this car.. 10k will be fine. especially since the engine will be all stock. (Except maybe a tiny tune for like 30hp.)

Status
Not open for further replies.