GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Tampa Bay area thread.

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
anything going on anytime soon? Just came across this thread and got kinda excited lol

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
anything going on anytime soon? Just came across this thread and got kinda excited lol

I would check out SRQ Euros on facebook for sarasota bradenton stuff, I think they have a meet next week

Fixxfest is coming up in november and a tacobus meet in brandon on the last sunday of every month

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
So.... 4 months later, did you ever make it back to the Bay?

Bump.... trying to resuscitate this thread..:D

Yup! made it back late June.
Bought out the lease last weekend so I guess I will have it for a little while longer now.
I've been itching to get to modding again but I'm trying to save money right now...

yeah he bought those 300 dollar OZ ultraleggras in the trinity area lol

And yes lol I did.
They have been sitting in the corner of the garage.
No idea what I'm going to do with them.
One of the wheels has a crack on the inner barrel which I did not see.
It probably would not have deterred me from buying them but I just wasn't expecting to have to fix that so I have not tried really.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
anyone need an iPhone 5?
trying to get rid of my old one.
here is the CL ad:
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mob/4700504162.html

I also still have the OZ's
I found a place that could possible fix the crack but have not gone to get a quote.
However if someone wants to buy them for the $300 that a payed for them I would let them go.
Or I would also trade for parts.

Janton_17

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, in Tampa area this week, spotted a very tidy grey GTi 5dr near one of the premium outlets, anyone on here? Not many details Unfortunally haha :)

Edit:
Also a grey jetta lowered on scirroco wheels that sounded sweet:)

Last edited:

Gunz5223

Passed Driver's Ed
Howdy y'all. Just picked up my 2012 TR DSG last month. Just ordered my Carbonio, 42DD DP, and magnaflow catback. Should me installed and stage 2 by first week of November. Looking forward to getting out with the local gti community. Next on my list, sport coil overs, R8 coil pack, and some various cosmetic mods. Sell y'all around the bay!

Outkasted24

Hoping to Own a GTI Soon
Ready for FIXX?
I have a set of H&R Race Springs up for sale.
Listed for the MK5, but installed on my MK6.
They have roughly 5k miles on them, ride very nice for a daily, and handle awesome in the turns, even on stock dampers.
Day and Night difference compared to stock springs!!

The car is sitting just a smidge under 24.75 FTG all around and have about a one finger gap between the fender and tire.
planning to pull them off the car this week and go with a more aggressive setup.
I'm asking $135 for the springs and/or $275 for them purchased and Installed by your's Truly.
They will work on MK5 & 6 Golf/GTI/Jetta GLI.

Side Note...
If you have any type of suspension work that needs to be done, please message me.
I have 17+ years of professional experience in the field, my prices are lower than most, and I stand behind my work 100%.

StigsFatAmericanCousin

Ready to race!
Anyone have the white gti at the lifestyles on 4th St in St. Pete? Had color matched side markers and maybe lowered.

Gunz5223

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone in the Tampa area have vag com? Looking to get some simple stuff done and do coding for my led tails when they come in on Friday. 703-895-6041 text me. Will throw a 20$ at you for your time.

2012 Tornado Red GTI DSG
APR Carbonio Stg1 intake | 42 DD Downpipe | Magnaflow CBE | R8 Coil Packs | PFR7B Spark Plugs | APR Stage 2 ECU Tune