GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Turbo Yaris to Cadillac ATS Transformation: Petrolhead Fights Car ADD, but loses

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Is this Johnny Lieberman?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
that's too bad.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
That's what I'm hoping, but it would definitely take finding the right buyer.

I still need to finish editing the photos I have of it. Maybe I'll finish that up tonight and send you a link to the set of photos.

If you had to put a number on the truck, though, what would you peg it at?

I like valuing vehicles. I'll do some research and get back to you.

Dang dude. You should dumptroll about cars more often.

:laugh: That's what this thread's for.

Is this Johnny Lieberman?

I'm nowhere near nice enough. He and I met a few times in tha biz, we had similar career trajectories, but I decided to take a different route. Plus, he's still in LA with Motor Trend, IIRC.

Being an automotive journalist is 70% being forced to rave about someone's Camry, 29.9% sucking corporate balls, and .1% actually having fun. 100% underpaid and overpressured. Not worth it. I'd rather work a better paying job so I can afford my own cars to fuck around with. I enjoy tinkering too much.

Not to mention, turns out they OEM fleet managers actually keep track of the tire wear on press cars and they "look down on" wearing 90% of the tire in a week. Unless you're Johnny Lieberman. Which I'm not. Pfft, lame.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
So what is the latest and greatest in here.
You're in detroit... so you shouldn't be driving a Gay egg shaped car.

When you getting a 302 Boss?

why on earth did you sell the 944 and e30?....

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Johnny Lieberman doesn't dumptroll doe

he should.... doe.

I'm nowhere near nice enough. He and I met a few times in tha biz, we had similar career trajectories, but I decided to take a different route. Plus, he's still in LA with Motor Trend, IIRC.

Being an automotive journalist is 70% being forced to rave about someone's Camry, 29.9% sucking corporate balls, and .1% actually having fun. 100% underpaid and overpressured. Not worth it. I'd rather work a better paying job so I can afford my own cars to fuck around with. I enjoy tinkering too much.

Not to mention, turns out they OEM fleet managers actually keep track of the tire wear on press cars and they "look down on" wearing 90% of the tire in a week. Unless you're Johnny Lieberman. Which I'm not. Pfft, lame.

interesting, thanks for the info. Are you C4L?

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
I like valuing vehicles. I'll do some research and get back to you.

Well, I appreciate the effort. Thanks amigo.

Finding clean examples has been tough, so it's hard for me to pin a value on it based off of other vehicles in the marketplace.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! And because of the zip code, it cost less than a studio condo in LA. Hell, if it was just 1 mile north on the other side of 8-mile it would be worth double what we paid.

Detroit rocks.

I love it as well. I grew up just across the river outside of Windsor and have been to Detroit a billion times. My dad works for Chrysler and his office is there, he commutes over every day.

I was just there a few weeks ago for the Lions vs. Cowboys game. Had a blast tailgating downtown and going to the game.

PetrolHead

So what is the latest and greatest in here.
You're in detroit... so you shouldn't be driving a Gay egg shaped car.

When you getting a 302 Boss?

I like this ghey egg shaped car. A lot doe. This is the point of the thread, I want to try to hold onto it and put and end to car ADD. At least until I can afford a C7 or something :D

why on earth did you sell the 944 and e30?....

The 944 is my biggest regret. It's hard to have multiple cars in California. I had 4 at the time, and one had to go. Drove the 944 the least (it was just for track and canyon driving), so it went. I regretted it while I watched it drive away. Still kick myself, I loved that car.

The e30 was a victim of moving. I'm cheap, and didn't want to pay to ship a car. I towed the MK6 behind the Jeep (didn't have the truck yet), and sold the e30. Tripling my money made me feel better about selling it doe.

he should.... doe.

interesting, thanks for the info. Are you C4L?

Yes he should, but AFAIK, he doesn't own a MK6.

Yes I am, though it wouldn't seem that way with my current employer.

PetrolHead

Well, I appreciate the effort. Thanks amigo.

Finding clean examples has been tough, so it's hard for me to pin a value on it based off of other vehicles in the marketplace.

I know it. I buy and sell cars a lot, many times ones that are hard to compare. I've developed a bit of a knack for valuing cars, but we'll see how I can do on the truck.

I love it as well. I grew up just across the river outside of Windsor and have been to Detroit a billion times. My dad works for Chrysler and his office is there, he commutes over every day.

I was just there a few weeks ago for the Lions vs. Cowboys game. Had a blast tailgating downtown and going to the game.

:headbang:

Next time you're on this side of the border, let me know. I love debauchery in this city.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I know it. I buy and sell cars a lot, many times ones that are hard to compare. I've developed a bit of a knack for valuing cars, but we'll see how I can do on the truck.

:headbang:

Next time you're on this side of the border, let me know. I love debauchery in this city.

Will do brosky!

fair enough.. Don't know whats it like to own more than 2 cars really...
My bike mechanic has a 944 with some minor paint defect on it, every time I bring my car in for service I ask him to sell it for me and I would get rejected 100% of the time. His wife doesnt know about his purchase 6 years ago... maybe I should pay a visit to her... haha

PetrolHead

The 944 is a labor of love. They don't cost Porsche prices, but the parts sure do. It is, in my opinion the absolute best handling car you can get for the money. Its neutral, it challenges you, it rewards you, its truly exceptional. I miss mine daily. Thats living with car ADD. it ends now.