GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TheGTIChannel's Candy White (Mk6) GTI Journal

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Very nice man, car looks great :thumbup:

Edit: Do you also own a porsche, but just created a new screen name?

Damn i need to log in more! haha

Last edited:

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
Wow...car looks great!!

As everyone else said, that stripe looks awesome. I'm kinda mad I didn't think of it haha very nice.

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
Very nice man, car looks great :thumbup:

Edit: Do you also own a porsche, but just created a new screen name?

Damn i need to log in more! haha

This is (or was) the "SM_ATL" car indeed. I am SM_ATL's "descendant" and since the car is mine and I'm the only one driving/modding this car from now I figured I'd restart the thread under my own account etc. to make posting easier and answering questions easier. My old man/aka SM_ATL was starting to slack off on this car's thread so it should be updated a lot more often than when it was under SM_ATL... :happyanim:

Last edited:

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
This is the "SM_ATL" car indeed. I am SM_ATL's "offspring" and since I'm the only one driving/modding this car from now I figured I'd restart the thread under my own account etc. to make posting easier and answering questions easier. :happyanim:

Oh sounds good...looks like you are keeping it proper...enjoy!

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
Oh sounds good...looks like you are keeping it proper...enjoy!

Doing my best to keep it clean and not end up like this

Poor GTI :cry:

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
Laser Jammer

Installed an M27 Laser Jammer unit on the front of the car. With that and the v1, I couldn't feel more safe! :happyanim: Went for a discreet setup as can be seen below

(There's one of these on each side of the front emblem)

The little "status" LED that turns red if being lasered. And sadly those three little spots that were there when the car was purchased and that apparently no cleaning solution on earth can remove :mad0259:

Control switch (1 for laser jammer, 2 for parking aid) and sorry about the dust, should be cleaning the inside tomorrow!

Overall, very satisfied with the M27. I have been laser-targeted several times already and everything seems to be working perfectly (unless I receive a surprise call/visit from the Alpharetta Police Department in the near future :D). The unit "beeps" distinctly letting you know which mode you're in and the blank buttons provide the perfect place to have the switch. In my area, police most often uses lasers rather than radar making this a worthy (and money-saving) install. I recommend it to anyone looking for a good laser jammer!

... I also got this fun decal from Car Memes (on facebook) to replace the boring generic "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear) :D

Last edited:

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
It's always removable! And wow I just noticed you're located in GA too :happyanim: you wouldn't be near Alpharetta/Marietta and possibly have attended Caffeine and Octane this morning?

Where did you get it? Or did you just order it from a decal place or something?

Nah, I'm down in Peachtree City by Newnan and Fayetteville. I work up in Chamblee though and LOVE the Alpharetta area (I actually lived up there at one point).
And no to the other question haha I've only been to C&O once before. It's too early to drive that far for a car meet.

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
Where did you get it? Or did you just order it from a decal place or something?

Nah, I'm down in Peachtree City by Newnan and Fayetteville. I work up in Chamblee though and LOVE the Alpharetta area (I actually lived up there at one point).
And no to the other question haha I've only been to C&O once before. It's too early to drive that far for a car meet.

Got it a while back (about 6 months) on ebay from some guy in the UK. It wasn't an actual MK1 stripe though; it was some kind of triple stripe that was modified to be just like the MK1. Got it for about 50 British pounds with shipping.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
Got it a while back (about 6 months) on ebay from some guy in the UK. It wasn't an actual MK1 stripe though; it was some kind of triple stripe that was modified to be just like the MK1. Got it for about 50 British pounds with shipping.

Not bad. So, it's just something you've gotta find then...

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
Yep! Or I'm sure you can get it custom made at almost any local or online decal /vinyl shop :D

If you do it, make sure to share some pictures with me! I'd be interested to see it on another mk6!

Yeah, I'd just have the guys from my dealership do it. They do a really great job with decals and stuff.

And yes...if I decide to do it, I'll definitely send you pics!! haha I doubt it though...it wouldn't really be that noticeable on UG.