GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

These new tablet-friendly websites are all terrible

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Am I the only one who finds the new websites for just about everything to be getting less and less useful?

vw, audi, bmw for example all have new sites within the past year and they are all massively worse than they were before.

A decontented website that requires scrolling down vertically 10+ pages is retarded. You can't even "build" a car on vw.com anymore that I can find. Faster computers with faster connections with bigger monitors at higher resolutions should mean MORE content on your sites, not less!

Get off my lawn and stop trying to take my mouse and keyboard.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
I like the cut of your jib.

Vw.com is basically rape.I DONT WANT TO SEE YOUR GOD DAMN INVENTORY I WANT TO BUILD RACECAR

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
VW.com killed the actual build tool a while ago. Ridiculous decision, IMO.

Tablet sites are mostly worthless. I can understand phone sites because the screen is so small, but the fact that tablets call the same site SUCKS. I have an iPad but barely use it. I think the entire segment of products is worthless. I don't want a big phone.

Bender1

Banned
Am I the only one who finds the new websites for just about everything to be getting less and less useful?

vw, audi, bmw for example all have new sites within the past year and they are all massively worse than they were before.

A decontented website that requires scrolling down vertically 10+ pages is retarded. You can't even "build" a car on vw.com anymore that I can find. Faster computers with faster connections with bigger monitors at higher resolutions should mean MORE content on your sites, not less!

Get off my lawn and stop trying to take my mouse and keyboard.

Totally agreed. I have no issue looking at "desktop site"on my ipad.

VW's site is the absolutely worst of the worst. I think they cut the build feature because it doesn't apply to them anymore. "here are the packages, take it or pound sand"

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I think they cut the build feature because it doesn't apply to them anymore. "here are the packages, take it or pound sand"

I guess that makes sense, the only options anymore are colors - but that is not made clear anywhere I can find on the site. I guess it looks bad to have a line on the site saying "Our vehicles have no options"

Another thing that bugs me is that they are removing the mouseover effect as an action, assuming that nobody uses a mouse anymore. The "old" process for looking at say features of a vehicle was:

Go to vw/bmwusa/audiusa.com

Mouseover 3 series, list of 3 series models pops up, click on desired model, click features and you're done, 2 clicks and 2 page loads

Now you have to click vehicles, click 3 series, click the particular 3 series, click features - double the clicking and double the page loads. What is good about that?

ljuy

I challenged VWs dumbed down site a couple times and was referred to the dealer for information about the car(!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk