GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking of replacing the GTI

FNR32

Ready to race!
But can't really make a decision on where to go from here. I have a company car for daily driving and a GS430 for people hauling so I don't really "need" my personal car to be all that "practical". I've had a thing for the GTi for a while now and this is my 5th one (6th vw overall). I'm sort of wanting something a little different than I've had before so I guess i have to list my previous cars:

*In no specific order*
2003 Subaru WRX
1991 VW GTi
1996 VW GTi
2004 VW Gli
2004 VW R32
2006 VW GTi
2011 VW GTi
2004 Honda S2000
2002 Subaru WRX
2004 Subaru WRX STi
2003 Mitubishi Evolution VIII
1995 Nissan 240SX
1995 Mazda RX-7
1993 Mustang GT
2004 Lexus GS430
2009 G35 Sedan (took it back in 2 days, not for me)

That's about all that I can remember, the others were pretty forgettable. I guess my only requirement is that whatever I get next not be FWD. Out of all the cars I've had, the S2000 was the most fun and the most memorable followed by the R32. I welcome any recommendations. I'm not looking to buy a new car, whatever I get will likely be used, that said I would like to keep it around 25-30k but could go a bit higher if the car was right.

FNR32

Ready to race!
More G hate

I don't hate the G, just not a huge fan of the sedan. The power was there, but character wasn't. I'm considering a 370Z though.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Get another MkIV .:R32.

Can't possibly go wrong there.

McQueen77

Banned
i dont hate the G. i like them and i love the exhaust note. id just never own one. partial to the germans. that being said, id do an R32, mod it and drive the holy hell out of it.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
RX-8 R3?:iono:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
More G hate

there's a reason for it ;) as mcqueen said, the coupe is a different story imho, and I do like the 370z a lot. The G isn't a bad car, I just think there are others to consider.

Others to consider:

Hyundai Genesis Coupe

BRZ/FR-S (maybe not enough power)

Used Cayman S or Elise

FNR32

Ready to race!
Get another MkIV .:R32.

Can't possibly go wrong there.

i dont hate the G. i like them and i love the exhaust note. id just never own one. partial to the germans. that being said, id do an R32, mod it and drive the holy hell out of it.

To be totally honest, I'm not sure I want another VW at all. I haven't really had a bad experience, but I think i've had too many and I've outgrown them. I was never a fan of the MKV R32. I think the R32 NEEDS a manual even though the chassis is leaps and bounds better than the MK4 R. Even after being in it on the track it left me wanting more. Also, the whole haldex AWD thing leaves me wanting a lot more as well. Had a fun track day years ago at Barber with 31 other R32 owners and really saw the limitations of the car and AWD system. Fun times tho.. I miss her.

Im front right in in the blue one:

FNR32

Ready to race!
RX-8 R3?:iono:
Love the thought behind this car, but it's under powered for a daily driver, IMO. It wouldn't be fun for me. I almost got one before I got the MK5 GTi but decided against it despite the fact it handled phenomenally.

there's a reason for it ;) as mcqueen said, the coupe is a different story imho, and I do like the 370z a lot. The G isn't a bad car, I just think there are others to consider.

Others to consider:

Hyundai Genesis Coupe

BRZ/FR-S (maybe not enough power)

Used Cayman S or Elise
Not into the Hyundai, would rather have a G Coupe since they look so much alike

BRZ/FR-S is way under powered

Looked at the Cayman, not sure I want that "Porsche driver" persona, but it's a great car. The Elise is super fun on a track but I think it has to be on a track to really have that much fun in it. Great ideas though, some of those i didn't consider.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
gotcha, go drive a Cayman S, I bet you will love it.

FNR32

Ready to race!
gotcha, go drive a Cayman S, I bet you will love it.

I have and i did love it. I just don't think i loved it 15K more than i loved the 370z. When i look at the price of a Cayman S, that's C6Z06 money and that's whole different ball game :(

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
ah, how new of a CS are you talking then? I've seen them as low as $32K for 06-07's. Otherwise, I'd agree on the 370z piont and a C6Z would be absolutely amazing.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Used Elise, no question. Throw on an aftermarket supercharging solution for ~300 hp and enjoy. That is most likely what I'll be doing in 2-3 years when I have the $$, unless I decide to go for a Mustang or something much more expensive like M3/Cayman/ATS-V.

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
Porsche!

Sent from my phone with typos