GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This forum is almost dead

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Everyone migrated to Facebook groups and, to a lesser extent, Reddit. Forums are for old farts now.

This site moves a little better, but I really only keep an account on vortex for the classifieds and archives; the Golf R forum over there is just vendor ad spam these days.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm a nerd and use all of em lol, this forum, reddit, facebook...

pdan

Ready to race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
What is dead may never die.

pdan

Ready to race!
I can dig it. Better than posting in TCL on vortex lol

Uberryan

Banned
At least there’s still some life left on here, but it does get sad seeing people slowly leave the MK6 platform.

Can't blame anybody. Unfortunately this is another doozy in the modern VW lineup with the water pump, timing chain, etc. No one wants to hold these cars for more than 3-5 years because that's when shit goes downhill. I honestly can't wait to dump mine after 7 years.

pdan

Ready to race!
Can't blame anybody. Unfortunately this is another doozy in the modern VW lineup with the water pump, timing chain, etc. No one wants to hold these cars for more than 3-5 years because that's when shit goes downhill. I honestly can't wait to dump mine after 7 years.

I don’t blame anyone, if I knew what I know now I may not have ended up in a MK6. Now that I’ve put a lot of time money and love into mine I think I would have a real hard time giving it up ha.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I plan on getting rid of mine when it's about 10 years old, so I got a few years left. I should still be under 100k miles. I can't imagine I'll drive 25k miles in the next 3 years now that I live so close to work. Once my vr6 got over 10 years/100k miles it just started falling apart. A lot can change until then but my #1 pick for my next car right now is a mk8 gti. Mk7s don't seem to be having the problems we are, so if VW can continue to improve on that the mk8 should be a pretty good car. I'm probably done modding as much as I do, but I'll still do a few things like a stage 1 tune, maybe springs instead of coilovers, and then just a catback exhaust. I'll make sure I get one with oem led head/tail lights.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I must be the odd one out with a reliable car. The original intake manifold nearly went 100k miles, I'm still on the original water pump, original rear main seal, original clutch, and the original timing chain tensioner went 100k when I had it updated. The clutch is starting to feel a bit grabby at the engagement point so I'll probably upgrade it before it explodes.

I'm about to start dumping money into it now that it isn't worth anything and I don't need it to get me to a job every day. I see it like this... I might be able to get $7k for it in a private sale, I dump $13k in upgrades into it and I've got a car that I like a lot more than anything else I can get for $20k.

pdan

Ready to race!
Well now that you said it was reliable you better be ready to start dumping money in it haha. I’m hoping to keep mine for awhile as well, trying to get a winter beater so the salt and ice don’t destroy it this winter. Eventually I would like to go full race car with it, when I have something else reliable and somewhat fun to daily.

Also, happy Labor Day guys.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Well now that you said it was reliable you better be ready to start dumping money in it haha. I’m hoping to keep mine for awhile as well, trying to get a winter beater so the salt and ice don’t destroy it this winter. Eventually I would like to go full race car with it, when I have something else reliable and somewhat fun to daily.

Also, happy Labor Day guys.

:D I was very careful to wait to declare that until after I no longer needed it to be dependable transportation.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
im all down for making this the new OT thread.

How was everyone's weekend. I'm waiting for my bank to approve my loan for my bike. Im about to blow their phone line up in an hour to get an answer today. Ive had the bike on hold for 4 days now.