GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire damage.

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
I got 18'inch Huffs on my GTI with Dunlop SP Sport 01 A/S tires (stock ones) and the other day i hit a pothole.. so today i looked around to make sure my wheels and tires were ok and i saw a bubble on my front driver side tire :( after talking to my local tire shop this problem turned into a $220 dollar job since i need to get it replaced because its very dangerous to drive on it at high speed esp the way i drive. No more dreams for me about 19'inch wheels for this summer..

So for all of you Huffs owners that live in not so good areas where potholes could cost you up to $200 dollars, please drive careful!

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Man, every time I hit a pothole I can't avoid or hear stories like this it makes me glad I decided to skip the 18s! (and really, it was only because the car in stock didn't have 'em)

Hope you have better luck with the rest of 'em...

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
Man, every time I hit a pothole I can't avoid or hear stories like this it makes me glad I decided to skip the 18s! (and really, it was only because the car in stock didn't have 'em)

Hope you have better luck with the rest of 'em...

Thanks and honestly i hate the Huffs and cant wait to change them, i got them for free from my dealer since they were already on the car and i told them to get them off so they just didnt count them in my total. 17s are road safe but as far as the look of the car i like them 18s

MikeW

Ready to race!
I live in NYC. On my just sold '03 VR6, I killed four tires and a wheel on potholes. These were 17", NOT 18". 18" wheels are just asking for damage.