GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire recommendations?

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
How many miles are you getting out of your DWS?

I drive 220 weekly mostly highway miles, I got them 7-8 months ago. The tread depth looks fine to me (I will rotate them soon). I tend to drive spirited- they are really good in the rain /slush situations, I avoid to launch them to preserve them prolly for the beginning of the next Chicago’s winter season.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Every 5k miles.... I HATED those tires.

The EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 is an updated version of the DWS, the compound now feels harder. Not as stiff as the Michelin A/S counterpart. Traditionally the Conti compound is always softer than Michelin (Reference) in summer & A/S products.
While the old model was insanely good in the rain, the new model is away better tire overall feeling composed in any driving circumstance.

Disanto7389

Passed Driver's Ed
Michelin pilot sports as3+. They are fantastic tires. Way less wheel hop on wet roads, body roll in corners is greatly reduced too. Got them on tire rack for about 750, well worth it

wudini

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the DW on my R. I had Pilot Super Sports on it previously. I can tell the sidewalls on the DW tires are softer. They grip hard but I can feel the sidewall roll more than I could on the PSS tires.

I'm hoping that by getting a half inch wider rim the sidewall stiffness will feel better.

All Michelin's have a crazy stiff sidewall. That's why the Sport A/S+ is better than the DWS