GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Transmission mount failure

FamousEric

Ready to race!
Last Friday my car failed... pulled in to traffic, felt a little wheel hop from traction control and then a loud bang and the car went in to a spasm mode (crazy vibrations and just from experience could tell a mount failed).

Saturday morning had my car towed to the dealership and had it looked at. Guess a transmission mount bolt fell out, causing the mount to break and damage to the downpipe, a/c system, and stretched another hose - forgot which one. All said and done it was covered under warranty.

First courtesy car - 2010 Jetta from Enterprise, drove 30 minutes home and when I parked it, it started pissing oil all over the place. Called enterprise and they expected me to drive it back to them so I could get a replacement car. LOL

Second courtesy car - 2010 Jetta. I really can't see how anyone can drive the 2.5L cars without any power adders. that thing is GUTLESS!!

My car is now a statistic! wahooooo!!

Some people either don't want the power adders but are still passionate about the character of the vehicle or can't afford it and are being fiscally responsible.

Sucks about your mount though.

Second courtesy car - 2010 Jetta. I really can't see how anyone can drive the 2.5L cars without any power adders. that thing is GUTLESS!!

Was addressing this part but yea the bolt falling out sounds like a manufacturing defect and should be covered 100%