GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI Wastegate Rattle?!

chilli42

Ready to race!
This falls in line with my earlier post too. Good news!

Just had this from my VW service manager:

I received information back from VW and they are telling me we should see a Service Bulletin in about six weeks. It is a rattle noise from the waste gate rod on the turbo. They are developing a new type spring to prevent the rattle. It is a just a noise and there is no damage being done to the car. They under stand that the noise is an annoyance and apologize for the problem. I will let you know when I receive the bulletin.

Ken

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
It won't cause damage, if it was damaging the anything it would be an RVU, because it would cheaper for VW to install this clip on all the TSI's than it would be to warranty a bunch of turbos that failed because it wasnt done.

It's just an obnoxious rattle that some people get, nothing more.

AlphaGypsy

Ready to race!
Because you always keep your car over 5000 RPM's John.:laugh:

Ha! Awesome! In all seriousness though, I don't believe I've heard that rattle ever since I put in my stage I carbonio intake. It could just be coincidence though or maybe the rev range that it's noticeable at has changed now.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks! I should have read the previous posts from the VW tech who explains the difference between recalls and TSBs.
I can't wait to hear just the turbo spooling and whoosh sans the rattle.
Steve

This. Ohhh so much this.

I like driving for the experience. A big part of that experience for me is the sound the car makes. An annoying rattle really puts a damper on that.

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
I have a service appointment at VW tomorrow early am. We are taking a road test to listen to the rattle. Hopefully when they hear the rattle they can expedite the fix. I'll post what happens next after my appointment with e service technician.
Steve

Sirius

Ready to race!
Just had the clip installed today. Safe to say, the issue is not fixed although the rattle is slightly dampened. I will be going in tomorrow for something else and I will ask them about it.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Just had the clip installed today. Safe to say, the issue is not fixed although the rattle is slightly dampened. I will be going in tomorrow for something else and I will ask them about it.

What dealership in LI?

michal

Go Kart Champion
I do not think they would release a clip which just slightly decreased the noise. Do you have any details on what was done (details of your invoice)
No dealership had any clips just a few days ago and your dealer already has them available? Maybe. :iono: Could you just give us some more details.

Sirius

Ready to race!
What dealership in LI?

Smithtown.

I do not think they would release a clip which just slightly decreased the noise. Do you have any details on what was done (details of your invoice)
No dealership had any clips just a few days ago and your dealer already has them available? Maybe. :iono: Could you just give us some more details.

I went in last Friday and they special ordered the clip for me. It came in over the weekend and I had it installed this morning.

It says on the invoice "secured clip to actuator rod."

Technical Bulletin 2024061

michal

Go Kart Champion
I went in last Friday and they special ordered the clip for me. It came in over the weekend and I had it installed this morning.

It says on the invoice "secured clip to actuator rod."

Technical Bulletin 2024061
Thanks for the details.

Sirius

Ready to race!
I'll post back after I go there tomorrow; and I'll be driving around a little bit tonight. Maybe it has to settle or something. Idk :3

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I just checked, the North American warehouse has 102, the parts depots in New Jersey and Jacksonville have received shipments, Wisonsin and a few others show the part number in transit to the warehouses. Like I was saying should be available everywhere come July ;)

Sirius

Ready to race!
Update: definitely improvement. I don't hear it anymore the majority of the time but it does show up sometimes when I'm driving auto in about 4th gear.