GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TT-RS/Golf R master cylinder

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I finished my brake pedal shim setup yesterday. I may make one more adjustment but it's amazing how different the pedal feels with the shim. The leverage point I guess is just more natural. This is by far the best feeling pedal I've ever felt in a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beygan

Ready to race!
Hey great job on the Toureg MC and Booster retrofit. Glad to hear it's all working nicely as well. I'd love to go through the same route but based on your reported experience it seems like a job to intricate for me and too costly to implement with professional assistance.

So I will most likely go with the TTS/TTRS MC and be done with it.

Speaking of which, does anyone know or can find the part number for the TTS/RS fluid reservoir? My understanding is that the TTRS MC does not mate with the GTI reservoir... is this correct?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Hey great job on the Toureg MC and Booster retrofit. Glad to hear it's all working nicely as well. I'd love to go through the same route but based on your reported experience it seems like a job to intricate for me and too costly to implement with professional assistance.

So I will most likely go with the TTS/TTRS MC and be done with it.

Speaking of which, does anyone know or can find the part number for the TTS/RS fluid reservoir? My understanding is that the TTRS MC does not mate with the GTI reservoir... is this correct?

Correct, I tested this. You need to use the TTS/TTRS MC with it's respective reservoir. I did however re-use the black GTI level sensor/cap. So far it's great.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
This whole thing is amazing and giving me 2 options since I am running 17z calipers.... :)

Would this be the cardone version of the E model TTRS part?

https://autoplicity.com/3683361-a1-...OkJLuA8PlHlyv8_PUV389_dimsLmfWpDHWBoCd6Dw_wcB

Hard to say, without specs on the displacement of that model it could be the smaller MC that will in fact bolt to any TT but you're after the 25.4cm model. I'd reach out to them and ask them to confirm. It would have to be from a TT with the 3.2 or the 2.5 I believe to be the larger MC if you were looking for a used one and couldn't get the part #s it will at least say 25 on the underside of the MC body.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Hard to say, without specs on the displacement of that model it could be the smaller MC that will in fact bolt to any TT but you're after the 25.4cm model. I'd reach out to them and ask them to confirm. It would have to be from a TT with the 3.2 or the 2.5 I believe to be the larger MC if you were looking for a used one and couldn't get the part #s it will at least say 25 on the underside of the MC body.

Well, I saw 2 part number:

A1 Cardone 11-3920 that says for TTRS only and A1 Cardone 11-3919 that says for TT and TTRS, so I was thinking the one in the link I sent you was the larger unit.

What about this one:

http://www.autobrakecenter.com/audi/tt-quattro/2008/new-centric-brake-master-cylinder-audi-130.33428

Also, I see you do vinyl, do you do logo inserts for the rear latch?

Last edited:

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Well, I saw 2 part number:

A1 Cardone 11-3920 that says for TTRS only and A1 Cardone 11-3919 that says for TT and TTRS, so I was thinking the one in the link I sent you was the larger unit.

What about this one:

http://www.autobrakecenter.com/audi/tt-quattro/2008/new-centric-brake-master-cylinder-audi-130.33428

Also, I see you do vinyl, do you do logo inserts for the rear latch?

That appears to be the right model. You'll need the reservoir too if you aren't up for modifying your reservoir.

I don't currently have artwork to cut the inserts for the rear badge. I could try and work on it if you're really interested. Just send me a PM.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
That appears to be the right model. You'll need the reservoir too if you aren't up for modifying your reservoir.

I don't currently have artwork to cut the inserts for the rear badge. I could try and work on it if you're really interested. Just send me a PM.

Cool, thanks for the verification! I run he 17z calipers, would you suggested this cylinder or do the custom touareg install.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Cool, thanks for the verification! I run he 17z calipers, would you suggested this cylinder or do the custom touareg install.
I would email them and make sure they have that specific one before I order it. Last time I tried to order it they said they don't make them anymore. But that was two years ago while I had my 17z

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
I would email them and make sure they have that specific one before I order it. Last time I tried to order it they said they don't make them anymore. But that was two years ago while I had my 17z

Yeah, I may have to get one used from the "Vladamir Putin Express", as Russia seems to have used ones with the res.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Finally was able to find a TTRS master cylinder. Found it listed on partsmarket as fits C version cars, but notes said it was the E version. Came with the whole assembly including res and sensor for $105. Came in yesterday and I was happy to see the number "25" on the bottom. :)

jackhossross

Ready to race!
piston size/area

1. stock front caliper:

Golf/GTI - Ate FN3 54 mm caliper: 2290 mm²

S3/R32/R - FNRG 57 mm: 2552 mm²

2. aftermarket - proper match:

Boxster: 40 mm + 36 mm > 1257 mm² + 1018 mm² = 2275 mm²

Brembo GT caliper A: 40 mm + 36 mm > 1257 mm² + 1018 mm² = 2275 mm²

Stoptech ST-40: 38 mm + 34 mm > 908 mm² + 1134 mm² = 2043 mm²

3. aftermarket - poor match:

Forge: 707 mm² + 1046 mm² + 1164 mm² = 2917 mm²

Q7/Touareg/Cayenne (three variants):

34/36/38 mm : 907.920 + 1017.876 + 1134.115 = ~ 3060 mm²
32/36/38 mm : 804.248 + 1017.876 + 1134.115 = ~ 2956 mm²
30/34/38 mm : 706.858 + 907.920 + 1134.115 = ~ 2749 mm²

4. master cylinder diameter:

- 22,22 mm > 388 mm² (Mk.V GTI)
- 23,81 mm > 445 mm² (Mk.V R32, Mk.VI GTI, Golf R)
- 25,40 mm > 507 mm² (RS3 + TT-RS)

ps
If you know the piston diameter: Pi * radius² = area

with these measurements, are we looking to find a ratio between the BMC and the Piston area size? Is the goal to keep the ratio from BMC Diameter/Piston Area the same?

Thanks -

Jack

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
Finally was able to find a TTRS master cylinder. Found it listed on partsmarket as fits C version cars, but notes said it was the E version. Came with the whole assembly including res and sensor for $105. Came in yesterday and I was happy to see the number "25" on the bottom. :)

Welcome to the club.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
No, not at all, I have been enjoying the larger master cylinder with my 18z for a while now.
I was just congratulating you on getting it