GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vancouver Mk6 Meet!

SpeedDemon

Ready to race!
Any new updates for a 2013 GTI meet in Vancouver?

SpeedDemon

Ready to race!
Here are the pictures...

Sorry for the horrible pictures, I forgot to bring my tripod and was forced to shoot at high ISO!

Those are some nice lookin GTI's......I like the xtreme white look for the fog lights. I went to LORDCO and they were selling these PIAA's H8 for like $70-$80 I think, just wondering if it's a good deal? And if they worth to go to or should I go to PG for stuff like that?

Cruz-in

Ready to race!
Those are some nice lookin GTI's......I like the xtreme white look for the fog lights. I went to LORDCO and they were selling these PIAA's H8 for like $70-$80 I think, just wondering if it's a good deal? And if they worth to go to or should I go to PG for stuff like that?

i wouldnt.

alot of the times those pia bulbs are nowhere close to the white in the pictures above. LED bulbs are cheap and white but they produce NO light output at all.

the guy above probably put a cheap HID with 6k bulbs on it. But, alot people will be like " NO dont do it, it creates GLARE". up to you really.

Just an FYI though, if you have vagged for the foglight turning on itself when your turn, i would suggest to avoid it. just cuz everytime your turn, you will turn the ballast on and it does cause strain on cheaper ballasts ( when done over and over again )

Cruz-in

Ready to race!
if there was anything i was unhappy about from my previous GTI, i would be the headlights. I loved the adaptive turn feature, but the stock lenses were crap. when my car was in the wrecker, i got to see how the headlights were and it wouldnt seem to hard to rip it apart.

basically ( from what i recall ) the stock headlights looked similar to this:

and what i wanted was this: ( sharp cutoff, increased light output)

i just finished the mod on my car and this is what i have now.

note the last barracade is roughly 130 ft away

SpeedDemon

Ready to race!
Wow that's far....did you mod it so the aim was elevated a bit? Or did you just install higher output HID's? In any case, wouldn't the line of sight hurt the other driver(kinda like having the high beam on)?

Cruz-in

Ready to race!
Wow that's far....did you mod it so the aim was elevated a bit? Or did you just install higher output HID's? In any case, wouldn't the line of sight hurt the other driver(kinda like having the high beam on)?

HID's are stock ( ballasts , bulbs ) 35w.

and absolutely no glare to hit the oncoming drivers on the other side of the road =)

a friend and I actually ripped apart a Mk6 golf and installed FX-r projectors and Bmw E30 lenses. Sweet jesus.... 6 car lanes wide, cut-off so sharp that it looks like a a razor blade.

pretty much looks like this. :

Redslumber

Ready to race!
Anyone in town have a Eurojet exhaust for the 2.5L? Want to hear what it sounds like in person