GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Video of Door Creaking & Flexing Sound

AaronC1

Ready to race!
the dealer won't help with this problem. rattles and noises are all on us.

Dealer adjusted the striker plate, and added some kind of special seal liquid to the seals that is apparently like $70 for a small bottle. Been squeek free for months!

McQueen77

Banned
just a long term update. Ive replaced the the bmw felt tape once in several months and its still silent. i didn't like the tubing because it made my door handles stick

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I had all kinds of crazy door rattles...dealer fixed it almost completely under warranty...don't ask me how :)

Sent from my iPhone with typos

McQueen77

Banned
youre lucky, you found a dealer who gives a shit. my experience with dealers and door rattles has been ultra frustrating.the best is when they go on the test drive with you and things are rattling and squeaking away and they are like "I don't hear it" implying that you are insane.

GTI Cadence

Ready to race!
...special seal liquid to the seals that is apparently like $70 for a small bottle...

Thats just the dealer trying to make it sound like they went above and beyond to fix your problem. Was the next words out of their mouth, "Here is a customer survey"....

TrogdorsWraith

Ready to race!
I just want to give Norcalgti and Plac credit for the tape. Thanks guys I went direct to the local BMW dealership as well, but I only paid 18 bucks for the 15 M roll. Great stuff though guys thank you thank you! :party0038:

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Today has been an awesome day since the car is now ALMOST rattle free.

My Gti 2-Doors was almost perfect without rattles/squeaks but I still wanted to experiment the 1/4 tube solution for a matter of isolation and see if wind noise could be decreased. It definitly help a bit, but times with tell if this will last or not.

I really had to play with my plate striker first to allign the door panel.

The top black trim is perfectly alligned with the side back window, but the button black trim cant be alligned. This is the way the car doors has been design.

I fought against rattles for a while now, look at this. U see it? I wont any comments on how dirty is the inside plz. I dont talk about it.

This red panel, It prevented some squeak a while ago, caused by the plate striker ajusted too tight, this is fabrics .At this time, the panel allignement was way off but I didnt care. Bad plate striker ajustment can really create more rattles.

You want more, okay...

The damn center console arm !

I had the worst rattle ever with this arm when I drove up in a hill. The cheapest plastic rattle u could hear only on the cheapest 91 rusty shitty car ever.

The cause was inside it !

I used some velcro soft side on the other side of this trip panel, u can figured out what created the horrible cheapass rattle of hells!

Now, im getting a bit off-topic just to show the best iphone/android, rattle free.

Thx for watching :)

And thx for the 1/4 tube info guys!

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
OH !, I forgot to tell that you could noticed some rattles in the hatch section after your rattles free from the cabin section.

First, u need to tight all your tools and junks in the spare tire section.

- The most commun thing that u can hear is the rear swaybar bushes that squeak, some grease inside the bushes will fix it.

- The head rests of the back could be retract just a bit to prevent leather rattles.

I wont look like a saler guy but the Unibrace XB really help to prevent any chassis flex rattles.

P

plac

OH !, I forgot to tell that you could noticed some rattles in the hatch section after your rattles free from the cabin section.

First, u need to tight all your tools and junks in the spare tire section.

- The most commun thing that u can hear is the rear swaybar bushes that squeak, some grease inside the bushes will fix it.

- The head rests of the back could be retract just a bit to prevent leather rattles.

I wont look like a saler guy but the Unibrace XB really help to prevent any chassis flex rattles.

really good pics and advice bro. also check into the UB if you havent. it solves a LOT of chassis movement issues.

I have a video uploading about it right now.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Thx Plac!

If u look at my signature, you can see that I have both Unibrace UB/XB installed for a while now. Both are great and both would elimine some rattles for sure, but I think the XB would do a better job to remove them, I might be wrong. Anyway, the combine of both would be ultra recommenced for any Gti since it play a big role to prevent the chassis natural wear over time.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
youre lucky, you found a dealer who gives a shit. my experience with dealers and door rattles has been ultra frustrating.the best is when they go on the test drive with you and things are rattling and squeaking away and they are like "I don't hear it" implying that you are insane.

My dealer didnt care about rattles too, I switched dealer after a dealer technical customer service guy told me ; You know, a volkswagen isnt a mercedes. Worst shit I heard from a dealer guy!

Woah, I was pissed, how much I have to spend to get a car rattle free them! come on! You cant say that kind of shit to customers.

I never came back at this dealer and they lost me. I took care of the car myself like a big kid and understood most Volks dealers wont care about it anyway.

McQueen77

Banned
My dealer didnt care about rattles too, I switched dealer after a dealer technical customer service guy told me ; You know, a volkswagen isnt a mercedes. Worst shit I heard from a dealer guy!

Woah, I was pissed, how much I have to spend to get a car rattle free them! come on! You cant say that kind of shit to customers.

I never came back at this dealer and they lost me. I took care of the car myself like a big kid and understood most Volks dealers wont care about it anyway.

1. the autobahn package looks awesome and i should have gotten it

2. i did the armrest thing as well, good call

3. i gotta try the hatch area because that is where my newest noises are coming from

4. yeah, gotta fix this stuff yourself. good pictures bud

pkw

Passed Driver's Ed
The top black trim is perfectly alligned with the side back window,

I think, in 2-door Golf/GTI, the most extruded part of the rear end of top black trim in the front door should not be flush with the the side back window. It should be slightly out compared to the the side back window.

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Just did the 1/4" OD tubing and this solved the creaking/squeaking noise from the doors when going slow on really shitty roads. So quiet now, it's like a brand new car.