GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vland auto adjustment

Sirannon

Fitted my Vland lights front and rear a couple of months ago, I'm by no means a mechanic but it seemed to go well and they work fine
Today the car failed its MOT because the headlights wouldn't auto adjust using the 123 button on the dash.
I'm guessing either I've not wired it up properly or the headlights don't have suitable means to auto adjust, which is now an MOT requirement, so why didn't Vland advise of that facf
Any help offered would be gratefully received,. I've included a photo for what it's worth.

Attachments

• IMG_20210813_193800.jpg
    IMG_20210813_193800.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 127

torga

Autocross Champion
As far as I'm aware, none of the aftermarket (Vland, Helix, etc) support auto adjust. You can manually adjust all of them, though.

Guess you'll just have to swap in your OEM headlights when it's MOT time. Never heard of that one before.

AlexPhilip

I had the same issue. Just google vland headlight adjustment. There’s YouTube videos that show you where the adjustment screws are.

You have to adjust it buddy , there’s some bolts on top of your headlights, you can tighten or loosen then in order to move them up or down

Sirannon

No it wasn't the manual adjustment that was the problem , it was the weight load adjustment in the dash that uses the lights motors to make the adjustment
I solved the problem by removing the wiring loom that Vland provided which didn't contain enough connections
On another note, lucky I did take the lights out, one of the connections to the H7 bulb had melted!!!!!!!
This on lights less than 2 months old