GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Golf TDI vs GLI for the Lady

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
TDIs have very shitty highway passing power. 0-30 They are comparable to a GTI/GLI anything after is just a joke. If she wants more power she'd have to get the GLI.

Btw, how crappy of MPG does the TC get? The GLI can't possibly do better, and it needs premium vs regular on the tc.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
TDIs have very shitty highway passing power. 0-30 They are comparable to a GTI/GLI anything after is just a joke. If she wants more power she'd have to get the GLI.

Btw, how crappy of MPG does the TC get? The GLI can't possibly do better, and it needs premium vs regular on the tc.

She averages around 23-24 with the TC, my GTI has averaged 28.10 over the life of the car (25k miles). I've told her she would probably see about the same with the GLI or around 35-40 with the TDI.

I would like to see her in the TDI for my own benefit because who wouldn't want both of those cars in the driveway but I really think she would be happier with the GLI in the end.

She is always complaining that her car is so slow and that she wants something faster. I told her to drive both back to back and then make a decision.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
She averages around 23-24 with the TC, my GTI has averaged 28.10 over the life of the car (25k miles). I've told her she would probably see about the same with the GLI or around 35-40 with the TDI.

I would like to see her in the TDI for my own benefit because who wouldn't want both of those cars in the driveway but I really think she would be happier with the GLI in the end.

She is always complaining that her car is so slow and that she wants something faster. I told her to drive both back to back and then make a decision.

She may also want to consider the new TC.... or a regular golf.