GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wanting to go Stage 2 ... i've been warned of possible bottom end issues ???

srsmk6

Ready to race!
I've heard bottom end issues could exist once you go stage 2, more so the piston rings ... have you guys experienced any issues??? any advice?

Jaber

Modero
What are your sources for such claims :iono:

Plently of people on Stage 2 with no issues.

srsmk6

Ready to race!
just a concern ... 20lbs of boost is a lot on a stock motor???

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Do you mean you will crap your pants because of added power?

Yes.

If you meant engine issues because of tune on bottom end?

No. No more than normal. These engines can handle it. They can handle a K04 with no bottom end issues. Whoever told you that is a moron.

Jaber

Modero

Yes.

No. No more than normal. These engines can handle it. They can handle a K04 with no bottom end issues. Whoever told you that is a moron.

:clap:

srsmk6

Ready to race!
8 year ASE VW mechanic, just a concern ... want to be sure...

srsmk6

Ready to race!
just being cautious ... i've seen everyone with stage 2... just being on the safe side.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Stage 2 for about 11k miles now, car was heavily tracked ever since Stage 2 and zero problems. Trust me, my engine has been under way more stress than you will put yours in unless you plan to track it regularly.

Of course, I am meticulous in my oil changes as well. Car has 17k miles on it and has had 5 oil changes LOL

But yeah, the only people I have ever seen or heard stress about the rods, rings, and bearings are Stage 3+ guys. Go Stage 2............you'll love it.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
But yeah, the only people I have ever seen or heard stress about the rods, rings, and bearings are Stage 3+ guys. Go Stage 2............you'll love it.

^This. I am stage 2 for around 3 months now(stage 1 for a year), and I am absolutely loving it. Have no issue too aside from weird downpipe leak noise (but no actual leak tho).

ArcsandSparks

Ready to race!
^This. I am stage 2 for around 3 months now(stage 1 for a year), and I am absolutely loving it. Have no issue too aside from weird downpipe leak noise (but no actual leak tho).

I have the same leak noise, no such leak exists but it persists.

OP just go Stage 2 and enjoy it.

srsmk6

Ready to race!
Thanks guys! Appreciate the input ... Now to go unitronic or apr??? lol

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
I have the same leak noise, no such leak exists but it persists.

OP just go Stage 2 and enjoy it.

Yea, this leak notice made me sold my UR 400 cell DP to APR 200 cell DP...
it made less leak noise but the car behind me do smell when I gun it..lol

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

Yes.

this

Thanks guys! Appreciate the input ... Now to go unitronic or apr??? lol

APR, theres one in my area, its in Lorton, VA. called New German Performance, theres only 2 apr dealers in this state IIRC, have a good road trip!!:thumbsup: