GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water blade?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i tried the California Blade. didnt like it. it didnt flow smooth and would stick and catch all the time.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I use a blade sparingly. Usually only the roof, hood and doors. It doesn't work well on the back or anywhere else. This car has some subtle curves that just don't fit the blade well. Also, you can only really do the doors in vertical top-down swipes.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Bought one at walmart. Tried it... did not like. I prefer the chamois. If the OP is in socal he can have mine since its just collecting dust. This thread is in serious need of a poll.

Definitely needs more pole.

i tried the California Blade. didnt like it. it didnt flow smooth and would stick and catch all the time.

The California blade does that. It gets better once you use it for a while. I have a knock-off one I got from Target that doesn't skip and catch at all, not even new.

pcb09

My thoughts were to mainly use it on the roof and maybe hood. The roof just has so much water on it after washing that it seems my big microfiber towel is pretty much saturated after just the roof.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
My thoughts were to mainly use it on the roof and maybe hood. The roof just has so much water on it after washing that it seems my big microfiber towel is pretty much saturated after just the roof.

That's the best way to go.

Glass only.

It WILL scratch the paint.

Been using one for years, never had it scratch the paint. Suppose it could if you weren't careful, didn't wash the car thoroughly or let it pick up dirt on the ground?

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
One thing I do prior to blading the car is make sure I sheet the car with water, just to make sure I've rinsed any possible grit particles off the car.

I scratched the paint once on my last car with the blade, only because I got careless and didn't swipe the blade with my hand after blading water off the car.

JEG

Passed Driver's Ed
I've used one of these for about the last 6 yrs. Just like someone else stated, I wipe it off every pass or so. Never had any issues with it. I would imagine that it is less likely to scratch up my finish than a chamois.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Bought one at walmart. Tried it... did not like. I prefer the chamois. If the OP is in socal he can have mine since its just collecting dust. This thread is in serious need of a poll.

How big are people's blades they use? This could be part of the poll. Mine is 8 inches and it's pretty much the perfect size..

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
how do you get it not to stick on the paint as you swipe? thats why i only used mine once. i would wipe and then it sticks and starts scraping harder. didnt like it.