GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WHAT COMES AFTER A GTI ?

sauceman101

Ready to race!
What happened with the Daytona 675? Ive been looking into them recently

Still have it, it's in a shop right now, nothing but issues right now it starts and runs great for roughly two miles than begins to stutter and occasionally die. Shut it off and restart and the condition is gone for roughly two more miles, by time the next two miles are covered the exhaust is hot enough to start getting backfires from unburnt fuel. What's causing the bike to either run rich probably has something to do with the secondary air injection, ignition, or the ex up valve. All of which I've checked and everything looks good when plugged into a computer. I have no idea but I'm done with it. Just the latest issue i've run into, most stuff previously was electrical, short list: regulator rectifier, crank position sensor, two stators, a flickering oil pressure light at idle when the bike is at temp, that was fun chasing with no solution and to no detriment of the bike, a cracked header (that one still baffles me), part of the wiring harness rubbing through on the frame and almost burning the bike to the ground because a fuse wasn't tripped somehow. You can see why I'm done, all this in just under two years of ownership. I may get another because there can't be any chance I get two with so many issues. I've seen a lot of these issues on the forums that others have had to deal with individually, just never so many of the usuals on one bike..... Buy an 09 or newer if you grab one, if you don't run into any crazy issues it will be the best bike you've ever ridden handling wise.

tonymission

If I was in your shoes, I would get an S3 and then tune the hell out of that. Fun car.

And I'd hardly call an S4 a boat, but I have a 750+hp RS7 so I guess I know more about boats than anyone. LOL

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Why do people want to die with a pile of money in the bank?

Well, likely because some of us are considering living past 50 comfortably.. and not working. I don't want to die with a pile of money for the government but I also don't want to run out when I'm 65.

Just think, by that time the GTI will just be an electric hoverboard.

gliitch

Ready to race!
You treat yourself to nice things and be happy instead of saving every last penny and still make it to death no problem

SyDiko

Ready to race!
You treat yourself to nice things and be happy instead of saving every last penny and still make it to death no problem

If you don't plan it out while treating yourself, you would still have to work the rest of your life though.

I believe the point is, if you save early and retire at 50 you no longer have to work and you're now living off personal investments, dividends, pension, and savings. Now you have the rest of your life to treat yourself to nice things while not having to work. :)

gliitch

Ready to race!
I think you can do a half and half. You can't enjoy life at 50 like you can at 30. Spend some of that money now and live life

Rascal

Ready to race!
I think you can do a half and half. You can't enjoy life at 50 like you can at 30. Spend some of that money now and live life

Dumbest advice ever. I have more money, more common sense, and live better than I ever did in my overworked underpaid 30's. And most people my age would agree with this. Keep spending all you money on "stuff", and when you hit 50 with little to fall back let us know if that was such a great plan. There is nothing worse than being old with no end to your working life in sight.

gliitch

Ready to race!
You don't know me. My future is very well set I will retire extremely comfortable with a huge wad of cash in my pocket at 57. And yet I buy toys and have fun with what I want now.

Maybe you shouldn't have been an idiot in your 30s

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
lol, ok this thread has headed south quickly.

Let's get back on topic.

Anyone want to trade their S4 for my GTI? :p

Kyle805

Ready to race!
I traded mine for a Tiguan a while back and surprisingly couldn't be happier. With the few mods I have into it it's way more fun then the gti was, kinda miss having a manual though, might be the only draw back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
lol, ok this thread has headed south quickly.

Let's get back on topic.

Anyone want to trade their S4 for my GTI? :p

seriously! nobody was asking for a financial lecture here. please take it somewhere else

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I traded mine for a Tiguan a while back and surprisingly couldn't be happier. With the few mods I have into it it's way more fun then the gti was, kinda miss having a manual though, might be the only draw back.

Curious.. how in the world is the Tiguan more fun than a GTI?? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's like a taller version of a GTI that handles worse, has less options, and is an SUV.

Don't get me wrong, I test drove one awhile back and considered it, I just didn't see the point in switching from a GTI into it as it had the same cargo and less fun factor.

Kyle805

Ready to race!
Curious.. how in the world is the Tiguan more fun than a GTI?? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's like a taller version of a GTI that handles worse, has less options, and is an SUV.

Don't get me wrong, I test drove one awhile back and considered it, I just didn't see the point in switching from a GTI into it as it had the same cargo and less fun factor.

You're right, stock for stock the GTI is way more fun of a car. The path I went with each one is where I'm having more fun.

The mods I did to the GTI kind of just ruined the driving experience. Was 19 when I got it and I slammed it on cheap coilovers, removed the front sway bar and was all into stance. Never really used the power from being stage two sense it couldn't turn to save its life or it'd rub terribly.

The Tiguan I lowered a reasonable amount and have a few other performance goodies too. Totally useable day to day, handles like its on rails considering its height, plus gets quite a bit of attention at shows sense it's a bit different. Going stage two with it next month sense I've been stage one for almost a year already. Last the awd is pretty nice over here in CT, didn't get much snow this year but usually it's pretty beneficial.

Last edited: