GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
Where can I get the stage 1 tune in Canada? Should I just order from a us site like uspmotorsport?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
I’ve been running premium for about 4 or five years. I’ve touched 800km on a tank pre tune and post tune. I got my tune a year ago. Stage 1 is a game changer...a good suspension setup is a close second

Last edited:

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Where can I get the stage 1 tune in Canada? Should I just order from a us site like uspmotorsport?

Do your research...I remember seeing a handful with the exception of IE. United Motorsport has a few affiliates in Toronto.

Last edited:

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
?

Lol.....iPad is giving up the ghost

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting you never got 700+ km? I recently went on a camping trip that was 1600km round trip and I was getting about 750-800 km a tank (mostly highway driving between 110km/h or 90km/h). I regularly get 11.3-13.7l/100km in city and 14-16.5l/100km on any road over 80km/h

Just realized I was saying l/100km when I meant km/l

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed

Do your research...I remember seeing a handful with the exception of IE. United Motorsport has a few affiliates in Toronto.
I found that park auto will do the tune for. CAD$550 in Newmarket without the link cable, if I want a link cable I have to pay. extra CAD 730 total

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Stage 1 is a game changer...a good suspension setup is a close second

Truer words have never been spoken.

Stage 1 + Air Intake + suspension + tires = Not even the same car. I came from a TDI and when I first drove the 2.5L literally within the first mile I was thinking there's no f*ing way I'm gonna be happy with this car without those 4 things. After doing those 4 things the 2.5L was almost as much fun as the TDI. TDI torque is pretty damn fun but the 2.5L motor sounds pretty badass.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I filled premium on the stock tune for a bit, and didn't notice any real improvements in MPG or power, mostly placebo I found.. However after the Stage 1 tune, I managed to snag 700km on a single tank of 91 with highway driving! Best mod I've done so far is doing that tune.
Edwin, are you back in Vancouver?

I found that park auto will do the tune for. CAD$550 in Newmarket without the link cable, if I want a link cable I have to pay. extra CAD 730 total
Cam, if you decide on the IE Tune, I'll let you use my IE Power Link cable to Flash your ECU, takes about 10 minutes to flash.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
dam all this tune talk making me want to try it out. iv got the intake, tires, suspension, just missing the tune. is it that much of a difference when you pull it? No slip in clutch like the GTI's?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Truer words have never been spoken.

Stage 1 + Air Intake + suspension + tires = Not even the same car. I came from a TDI and when I first drove the 2.5L literally within the first mile I was thinking there's no f*ing way I'm gonna be happy with this car without those 4 things. After doing those 4 things the 2.5L was almost as much fun as the TDI. TDI torque is pretty damn fun but the 2.5L motor sounds pretty badass.

I’d even put forth the notion that I could live without tune(but keep the CAI....cause growl), but, I couldn’t go back to stock suspension.