GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Not having snow and rain keeps things pretty clean. It's the couches, giant potholes, cell phone distracted drivers on the freeways that prevent cars from looking new for very long. Also, keep in mind I just replaced all the suspension less than 10k miles ago.

Went with AAWireless (off indiegogo). Took a month to get but it works really well so far. I haven't noticed any sound quality issues and so far it just seems to work. I get in the car, start it, and spotify (or whatever else I had been listening to) comes right up.
Excellent!! I'm surprised I haven't seen more on here regarding wireless AA/Carplay dongles with the amount of RCD330's. Waiting on a Carplay unit from Amazon.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Removed the APR endlinks and set the front bar on the softest setting. The endlinks loosend up on me (I had a feeling this might happen) so they either need to be lock-tited or add a lock nut to each side but because I don't really need the adjustability I put the Moog links back in so I don't have to worry about it. I needed to clean and lube the Moog links anyway so no big deal.

Also with the AAWireless I removed the renline phone mount in my car as I don't need it anymore. So far the AAWireless has been pretty sweet.

Last edited:

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Got my Carlinkit Wireless Carplay Adapter yesterday. LINK(Canadian $$) Synced up with the RCD330 and works flawlessly. Roadtrip this weekend will be a better sample size.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Trying out these 312mm rotors with Akebono ceramic pads😍
IMG_20220506_210047~2.jpg
IMG_20220506_213455.jpg

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Washed, clay bar'd, and waxed the car yesterday. The southern California roads have sure done a number on the hood and bumper. Lots of paint chips. My next investment may be having those repainted.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Trying out these 312mm rotors with Akebono ceramic pads😍
View attachment 248638View attachment 248639
Personally I only use OEM or Zimmermann rotors on my German cars, Akebono Euro ceramic pads have nice linear braking characteristic, not initally grabby like OEM pads, as you get equal braking to brake pressure, great for those of us that like to trail brake into corners and great in icy or wet conditions

Last edited:

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Did 2 things today, GTI steering wheel and rcd330. Still need to code it to make the paddles shifters work with tiptronic auto transmission
lookin good !

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Personally I only use OEM or Zimmermann rotors on my German cars, Akebono Euro ceramic pads have nice linear braking characteristic, not initally grabby like OEM pads, as you get equal braking to brake pressure, great for those of us that like to trail brake into corners and great in icy or wet conditions
Zimmerman have been my go to as well and have been great. Tried the hawk rotors this time. No complaints but no praise either. If I had to do it over again I would have done a BBK as I still get a lot of fade coming down the mountain from Palomar. The stock size I think is just not up to snuff for that kind of braking in already high ambient temps.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Removed the APR endlinks and set the front bar on the softest setting. The endlinks loosend up on me (I had a feeling this might happen) so they either need to be lock-tited or add a lock nut to each side but because I don't really need the adjustability I put the Moog links back in so I don't have to worry about it. I needed to clean and lube the Moog links anyway so no big deal.

Also with the AAWireless I removed the renline phone mount in my car as I don't need it anymore. So far the AAWireless has been pretty sweet.
Wish it worked for iPhone, sounds ilke a nice upgrade. Super happy with my RCD330 and rearview camera setup that you suggested I get. Also added a Rockford 10in powered sub which transformed the sound of this simple system.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Thanks man, did you hook up an aftermarket rear view camera to your rcd330
No I haven't, but, it's on the list. Doing control arms, ball joints, wheel bearings, and endlinks this week. Bearings held on until 250,000km. Front end due for some love.