GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Got the USP intake installed. Made a noticeable difference with the stage 1 tune.

Before anyone asks the metal clamps on the catch can hose are to keep it from colapsing at idle as it is under pretty strong vacuum.

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Also added a fire extinguisher. Came across a vw van on fire and felt bad I couldn't help so next time I will be prepared. $6 worth of velcro tape. Two 1 foot strips works prefect. I just taped the two sides together back to back to add some rigidity since you only need one side to attach to the carpet. Gives the outside of the strap a carpeted look as well.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Also added a fire extinguisher. Came across a vw van on fire and felt bad I couldn't help so next time I will be prepared. $6 worth of velcro tape. Two 1 foot strips works prefect. I just taped the two sides together back to back to add some rigidity since you only need one side to attach to the carpet. Gives the outside of the strap a carpeted look as well.

That would of came in handy when my jeep burned to the ground

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Insurance couldn't tell from damage. Fire stared at the bottom of the engine when I was waiting for a friend. Good thing I wasn't driving.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Got my strut bearings installed today. There is no more noise..its like a brand new car.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Got the USP intake installed. Made a noticeable difference with the stage 1 tune.

Before anyone asks the metal clamps on the catch can hose are to keep it from colapsing at idle as it is under pretty strong vacuum.

This means now you can get rid of the awful OEM engine cover/air filter combo! Let's see a valve cover! ;)

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I applaud you on your initiative :w00t:, I have one in my vintage Porsche, it's mandatory in our PCA Region for high performance track days. Mine is properly mount in certified quick release metal straps that hold it in place during a roll over, your bottle can tear loose and become a flying projectile in a crash.

Just saying.

EDIT: Just realized you have it in mounted the hatch area, make sure you keep the parcel shelf installed.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion

Congrats, another step forward with your Golf 2.5 :thumbup:

Looking for a place for the one I'm making, however, I can't mount mine there, my big a$$ Skunk2 Velosity Stack/Filter takes up all the room.

Last edited:

Dartregor

Ready to race!
All i really had time for is swapping my blue caps for black ones.

Attachments

• IMG_2372.jpg
    IMG_2372.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2373.jpg
    IMG_2373.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Mine is bad too...

Forgot to add. On Saturday when I got my strut bearings installed, the mechanic told me that I didn't even have any strut bearings on the car to begin with. Smh never again I'm I going to some mechanic I see on kijiji.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Mine is bad too...

Forgot to add. On Saturday when I got my strut bearings installed, the mechanic told me that I didn't even have any strut bearings on the car to begin with. Smh never again I'm I going to some mechanic I see on kijiji.
Holy sh!t !

If you need a good mechanic I'll send you to a friend of mine, only thing is he is in Markham about 200 meters from Markville Mall. I do my own stuff but borrow alot of his tools plus he used to work for a VW stealer.

I'm in SC, no excuse really every time I open my hood someone makes a comment on my dirty engine. Heading back north soon tho, .... can't wait to take off the snow tires and put back on the Michelin Pilot Sports AS3 tires and find a job too would be nice.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Holy sh!t !

If you need a good mechanic I'll send you to a friend of mine, only thing is he is in Markham about 200 meters from Markville Mall. I do my own stuff but borrow alot of his tools plus he used to work for a VW stealer.

I'm in SC, no excuse really every time I open my hood someone makes a comment on my dirty engine. Heading back north soon tho, .... can't wait to take off the snow tires and put back on the Michelin Pilot Sports AS3 tires and find a job too would be nice.
Ya infant wait to put my rims back on. Thinking about painting then gold/bronze.