GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Are they not 799 brand new. I know it's USD bit still 1000 for used. He gonna have that forever.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

The IE intake is $799 new.

That's the C2 Motorsports Intake. Not sure what they were new but they are almost impossible to find now. This is the first one I have seen since I started looking 6 months ago. If it was $500 or so I would buy it. $750 (US) is just too much and I don't know that website.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
The IE intake is $799 new.

That's the C2 Motorsports Intake. Not sure what they were new but they are almost impossible to find now. This is the first one I have seen since I started looking 6 months ago. If it was $500 or so I would buy it. $750 (US) is just too much and I don't know that website.
Oh I thought that one was ie. Still 1000 is alot lol

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
So they are still out there. $1000 holy moly.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-engines-and...ld/1361223084?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I really like that intake but $1000 is rediculous. I paid $400 for my IE intake used.

Edit: just realized that's CAN dollars. Well thats still like $750 US. Still a hefty chunk of change.
WW, you are a wiz with searching for stuff. This Intake Manifold is in Canada, near me, so the pricing is Canadian.

It looks to be a genuine C2 Motorsports Intake Manifold for the 2.5, they are always expensive because of the welding.

I saw one down south a few years ago and already tried copying it, and made one of those out of plumbing parts, the plenum volume is a bit small tho.

Here I am sitting on the IE Stage2 Tune bought and paid ready to Flash BUT I'm out, Someone grab it, if you can afford it.

if I'm paying $1000 I may as well get the IE Intake Manifold that works with my Tune.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Oh I thought that one was ie. Still 1000 is alot lol
The guys thinking of going turbo should go for this one.

You don't even need proper bell mouth or smooth transitions for turbo charging just PSI. Based on forum stats, most 2.5 turbo builds were done using this intake manifold or the stock intake manifold.

If/when I get my $600 core charge back from Deutsche Autoparts for my 2.0T head, I will pick up the IE Intake Manifold.

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
If it was cheaper I would grab it just to experiment with and because I have been looking for one for soo long. It's my white whale. Now that I have replumbed everything I am super happy with the IE IM/stage 2. I was strongly considering going back to Stage 1 and stock manifold because of the driveability issues but it seems it was just how I set things up initially causing problems. You live and you learn. The best bet is really to set up as IE does. Well except on their dyno runs they run a line directly to the intake (no catch can) and one with their valve cover just vented with a filter (again no catch can). Thats fine for a couple short runs but if you actually drive the car I would highly recommend not doing either of these things. Unless you have a rag, some degreaser and a lot of time.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
....their dyno runs they run a line directly to the intake (no catch can) and one with their valve cover just vented with a filter (again no catch can). Thats fine for a couple short runs but if you actually drive the car I would highly recommend not doing either of these things. Unless you have a rag, some degreaser and a lot of time.
I was under the impression you were on board for all of those. :lol:

EDIT: I believe you would need the C2 Tune as the flow and plenum volume are quite different from the IE IM.

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I am game to experiment but I have learned what's good for the track is not necessarily wise for the road. Especially if you spend 2 hours a day going 10mph in SoCal traffic.

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
The C2 intake manifold give better results for NA application while the IE is more suited for turbo setup

UM have an intake manifold tune for most intake manifold that have been in the market, the C2 manifold and the IE manifold doesn't have the same maps

Still 1000$ is pricey... Got my IE for 450$ CAD

mjb8482

I drove mine today. Realized I could go lower too. [emoji2]

And she’s for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Holy crap that's low!

Engine looks great !!!

Good luck with the sale!

EDiT: Could explain where some of the hose are attached to?

Last edited:

mjb8482

Holy crap that's low!

Engine looks great !!!

Good luck with the sale!

EDiT: Could explain where some of the hose are attached to?

Thx!

The hose from the valve cover meets up with the block breather hose and goes to the intake right off the turbo. The hoses from the intercooler go to the pump and heat exchanger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk