GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
^^ LED's completely change the look of the car. It takes the car from sexy to Blake Lively sexy :wub: :thumbup:

Kellogg

I recently inherited a bunch of performance parts from a friend who traded in his MK5. Included in the deal was a brand-spankin-new SPM intercooler. Another friend does specialized ceramic coatings, his projects are normally things like mini-subs designed to check the integrity of nuclear waste holding pools. Thumbing through his catalog of creepy ceramic coatings, I came across one that is designed to draw heat out of the material it's applied to and figured I might as well give it a go.

The scientist in me really wanted to do a before and after comparison to gauge its performance, the sloth in me looked at the install time and decided to just coat the damned thing and be done with it.

The AWE downpipe I got out of the deal gets a high-temp ceramic coating on Tuesday and once my catback shows up it will get the same treatment.

Yeah, I should start a build thread... but sloth.

dcnz

Passed Driver's Ed
Bought a 2010 GTI then drove it 6 hours home.

(Sorry for the crappy low-light photo. It was getting dark when I arrived home)

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Bought a 2010 GTI then drove it 6 hours home.

(Sorry for the crappy low-light photo. It was getting dark when I arrived home)

Congrats on the new ride. Welcome to the forum.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
You guys are all awesome. Really appreciate you all, I'm not worried about the car. I just want to walk again.. hopefully I heal up and get back up to %100

Yes, our cars seem to do well in crashes. My buddy walked away from this, with only a scratch on his arm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy shit guys, glad y'all are ok. Germans fucking know how to make a car. This is why i don't try to push my car to limits, especially right now i have those shitty tires on my mk7, it doesn't make me feel confident enough to push it.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Glad youre okay Will, nasty accident.

Broke the driver side hook where the tonneau cover string hooks up to. Its going to bother me now.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Holy shit guys, glad y'all are ok. Germans fucking know how to make a car. This is why i don't try to push my car to limits, especially right now i have those shitty tires on my mk7, it doesn't make me feel confident enough to push it.

This reminds me:

Got a flat a few months ago and went from the stock continental CONTIPROCONTACT on my golf to these all season pirelli pzeros and they SUCK.

The continentals were incredible in comparison, I can't even put my car through corners as quickly as I did when my continentals were worn out. It feels like the car has 1 inch wide tires.

Anyone else used these pirellis before?

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
This reminds me:

Got a flat a few months ago and went from the stock continental CONTIPROCONTACT on my golf to these all season pirelli pzeros and they SUCK.

The continentals were incredible in comparison, I can't even put my car through corners as quickly as I did when my continentals were worn out. It feels like the car has 1 inch wide tires.

I may be wrong, but I believe the Mk6 GTI comes with Pirelli P-zeros as the OEM tire? If so, I'd imagine a large number of people on here have used them. I know that my current Continental DWS all-season tires are 10x better than the OEM Pirellis that were on my car.

Sent from an old motorbike

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
I may be wrong, but I believe the Mk6 GTI comes with Pirelli P-zeros as the OEM tire? If so, I'd imagine a large number of people on here have used them. I know that my current Continental DWS all-season tires are 10x better than the OEM Pirellis that were on my car.

Sent from an old motorbike
Yeh Pzeros come on stock. Idk I handle great with them on my '13

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
This reminds me:

The stock Pirellis were complete garbage. When I finally swapped them out for Michelin Pilot Super Sports, it was beyond a night and day difference. I'm not sure I will ever get anything other than PSS again. Might give Continental DW a try later

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
I firmly believe my PSS have saved me from wrecks several times. Then again, I probably wouldn't have been driving as hard to begin with if I didn't have them on.