GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Fastball

Ready to race!
Nice! How'd it turn out? I enjoy going there. Kurt is very knowledgeable and love the honest and reasonably priced work they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no increase in sound or noise from the high flow kit even with the muffler delete. What I do notice is how fast the turbo spools up now. There really is no lag any more. I think the engine sounds and feels more smoother if anything. I should have done this a long time ago.
Here's what I got: ES#3195063

And yes the guys at Komet are great guys. I've been up there twice and haven't been disappointed.

Fastball

Ready to race!
Finally got to drive on the Transfagarasan road :)

I really like the white one.

Jarred767

Ready to race!
That road look amazing to get to drive on!

I spent last night with VCDS making a bunch of changes: windows with key fob, fogs as drl, xds to 2, rear wiper shut off, gauge sweep, seatbelt chime, and a few others. First "mods" in the book only a couple days in!

Renck

Ready to race!
That road look amazing to get to drive on!

I spent last night with VCDS making a bunch of changes: windows with key fob, fogs as drl, xds to 2, rear wiper shut off, gauge sweep, seatbelt chime, and a few others. First "mods" in the book only a couple days in!

Nice list of code changes! :thumbup:

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
There is no increase in sound or noise from the high flow kit even with the muffler delete. What I do notice is how fast the turbo spools up now. There really is no lag any more. I think the engine sounds and feels more smoother if anything. I should have done this a long time ago.

Here's what I got: ES#3195063

And yes the guys at Komet are great guys. I've been up there twice and haven't been disappointed.

Yeah I have the Spulen TMD and noticed the same things as you. Overall a good upgrade and surprised they didn't come up with this sooner.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Just purchased a GTX3076R kit to upgrade from my K04. Need to find time to get it installed :)

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Just purchased a GTX3076R kit to upgrade from my K04. Need to find time to get it installed :)

Damn making moves. Jealous

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
Installed a rear wiper delete plug and had to glue ,y trim plastics back together. Stupid metal clips held in and I ripped off the actual mounting bracket.

rzarektah

Ready to race!
Made it up a relatives driveway for the first time in 5 years. The transition from form to function has been enlightening lol

BlueE30

Ready to race!
Got my timing chain tensioner replaced today. Shop said the tensioner was in good shape, basically the tensioner and chain were within new spec (I don't know the mechanics but he said the tensioner was barely out which is usually what is expected on a new car and the chain had no slack)

Also got my CTS subframe reinforcement kit and CTS rear subframe bushings installed.

Driving home from the shop, yes I dropped some decent coin there but the peace of mind when driving home was priceless. The car feels great after the reinforcement kits and I'm really happy to not have to worry about the tensioner.

nagokart

Ready to race!
Got my timing chain tensioner replaced today. Shop said the tensioner was in good shape, basically the tensioner and chain were within new spec (I don't know the mechanics but he said the tensioner was barely out which is usually what is expected on a new car and the chain had no slack)

Also got my CTS subframe reinforcement kit and CTS rear subframe bushings installed.

Driving home from the shop, yes I dropped some decent coin there but the peace of mind when driving home was priceless. The car feels great after the reinforcement kits and I'm really happy to not have to worry about the tensioner.
That must be a huge weight lifted off of your shoulders. I'm scheduled to get mine done on Monday. How many miles on your car and how often do you change the oil?

Jarred767

Ready to race!

That's awesome! way to go and pull the trigger on it. I've been driving mine now for the last few days and I think about it often. Every shop I talk to locally tells me its a waste of money if I'm not seeing/hearing any symptoms, but everything I read says just do it. That peace of mind would be priceless.

So you just did the tensioner right? How much did that put you back? Were you planning on doing the chain too if they thought it was needed, or were you just doing the tensioner?