GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Purchased a set of Ed’s Dark Cherry so I guess I’ll be parting the current tails out since my left inner is on its way to the garbage unless someone wants the whole set once the new ones arrive.

Pre95

Passed Driver's Ed
well... weeks later... upper & lower tensioners, chains, cam bridge, timing covers, PCV, DV+, brand new turbo & oil lines, boost tubes, intercooler cleaning, 60k & 80k services, rear brakes, and carbon cleaning are all done.. plus a bunch of smaller stuff

Sourced a stock downpipe & CAT and just need to order some new o2 sensors to detune this thing and I think that'll about tap me out on this grocery getter for awhile. Right now as a stg2+, 2 of the 3 o2's were disabled (and subsequently snipped off at the sensor end too close to repair... thanks PO) and next year she goes to a test-only Cali smog...

Vroomtt

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed CTS catted down-pipe on Friday night, flashed to stg2 Sat morning.

Trying to figure out which plugs to install now. 2013 DSG - 30k miles

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Installed CTS catted down-pipe on Friday night, flashed to stg2 Sat morning.

Trying to figure out which plugs to install now. 2013 DSG - 30k miles

NGK platinums. .032 is fine. Check with tuner to make sure of gap size. I don’t think it makes much of a difference going from .032-.028?

Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion
This is the reply that I got from APR. I know you are stage 2 but not sure which tuner (if it matters).

“The recommended spark plugs for your vehicle with the stage 1 upgrade are the NGK PFR7S8EG plugs gapped at 0.028. “

Also, I really don’t know how much that .04” is going to make. But I tend to be pretty obsessive about stuff, so... [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DELETE

Autocross Champion
This is the reply that I got from APR. I know you are stage 2 but not sure which tuner (if it matters).

“The recommended spark plugs for your vehicle with the stage 1 upgrade are the NGK PFR7S8EG plugs gapped at 0.028. “

Also, I really don’t know how much that .04” is going to make. But I tend to be pretty obsessive about stuff, so... [emoji16]

Yea I’ve heard of the APR tune requiring that gap not sure if it matters much either but if they say do it as per their tune then you probably should.

Last edited:

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!

Stage 2 Revo here. I've gapped my plugs at .028 and .032 and couldn't feel a difference in the least

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Finished the work on my front bumper. The last couple weeks I installed a new grill, I painted the trim that goes around the honeycomb black, and I bought a new lip and had it painted black as well. I'm really happy with out it turned out, it looks awesome.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Sexy, I really like that lip! Link for that? Also are the headlights laminXed??

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/front-lip-spoiler-primed/015436ecs01a/

They aren't lamin-xed, but if you're talking about the rainbowish effect that's from the filter on my lens. That was part of the reason for taking the pictures too. I just got polarized filter so I wanted to try it out. It was a pretty hazy day all day though. I think a sunnier atmosphere would have had a cooler effect with the filter.

They're eds headlights though so they're starting to peel, so you might be seeing that too. I'm gonna take care of that really soon lol